Chapter 19| For Her

Jeff's POV

Everything was upside down. Jeff caught a glimpse of the black tentacle dangling him in the air.

"I asked you to take care of matters. I gave you a simple task."

The Operator's voice hissed.

"You had one job. I come in here and Ben is making a puppet out of Toby, Hoodie is too weak to handle the situation, and Jeff is ready to give Masky a smile. It seems I can't leave you for a second. "

"And YOU two-"
Jeff's arms swung around and now he was face to face with the Slenderman. Ben was dangling by his side looking ready to throw up.

"Jeff and Ben," said Slenderman, "Explain."

Ben flinched.

W e W e R E l o o k i n F o R t h e -

"-mermaid," Jeff finished. Her cute face came into his vision.

"Hm?" cooed Slender. His face was inches away from Jeff.

"The mermaid. You know the one with the E/C eyes and pink tail... You know the one we kidnapped-"

"Do you know her name?"

There was an awkward pause.

"I know her body," sniped Jeff. He heard Ben slap his forehead.

"Jeff."

Slenderman hadn't looked away.

"Do you know her name?" he asked again.

"...no."

"I thought so."

The creature tilted it's head. He knew exactly who she was.

"DON'T KEEP ME WAITING." yelled Jeff, "TELL ME WHO SHE IS!"

"Heh. Well. Her name is Y/N. She can heal, breathe underwater, and all the sea creatures protect her."

T h a t i s a p r e t t y n a m e .

Ben's nauseated look had disappeared. He looked interested.

"Yes," Slenderman said, "In these articles she was said to be beautiful by the people who spotted her."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BEAUTIFUL?," roared Jeff, "SHE'S DAMN HOT!"

S h u t u p p l e a s e .

_____________________________________

Y/N's POV

The waters were dark blue almost black. You felt the pressure on your shoulders. Several vibrations went through the water. Someone flailed and struggled. It was a young human boy who's frail body was definitely being crushed by the deep. He screamed and the sound waves met your tense figure. His eyes were red and swollen from salt water. You reached to help him but the undercurrent held you back.

You tried again. And again. And again.

"It's rude to interrupt a performance."

Someone rasped in your ear. The clown was right by your side. He looked from the boy to you. His black lips curled in a creepy grin.

"Enjoying the show?"

He gestured to the suffocating kid.

"He looks almost dead. Aw....I wish we could've spent more time together."

The clown frowned. You gave him a look. What was he talking about? He suddenly threw his head back and cackled.

"HAHAHA!!! You haven't figured it out yet have you??"

You bit your lip. Figured out what? He grinned.

"Oh fine. I'll tell you the secret."

He placed a hand on your shoulder.

"Someone has to die in order for you to leave. Hehe-HAHAHAHAHAH!"

His quiet snickering turned into maniac laughter. He forced you to look at the now deceased human.

_________________________________________

Y/N's POV

You jolted awake. Cords tickled your ankles and arms.You were in a wheelchair. Suction cups stuck to your arms and pumped water into your veins.You noticed it was coming from a blood bag.

You felt a weight on your tail. A pretty face was inches from yours. Clockwork. She was sitting on your lap.

A moment of silence.

"Hey," she said, "Sleep well?"
You nodded.

"I'm glad. I was just testing the stability of this thing."

Her hands moved to the armrests of your chair, trapping you. She shook at them, her chest bouncing.

"What's your name?" she asked in the process.

"Y...Y/N..."

You felt your face burn.

"That's cute. I'm Clockwork but you call me Clockie."

"C...Clockie?"

"Yeah."

She stopped shaking the armrests. You both stared at one another.

Her eyes were a beautiful green.

"Ahem."

Someone coughed. Two people stood by the doorway of Clockwork's room. One was a guy you've never seen before. He had broad shoulders, a frowny mask, and a yellow hoodie. His presence was intimidating. The other was Masky who had a amused look from beneath his mask.

"Hey," he said, "We're not interrupting anything are we?"