Chapter 18| Trio vs Duo

Masky's POV

The hallway was dimly lit. Masky scanned his surroundings. Wallpaper was peeling off the walls and dirty footprints covered the floor.

This mansion needed a butler.

He slowed his walking pace. Toby was fixing the straps of his goggles. Hoodie leaned against a tattered wall, frowning more than usual.

"Anything?"

"Not yet."

"Slender will begin to lose his patience."

"I know."

"Tim-"

A flash of red went in Masky's vision.

"Fuck."

His fists clenched and he let out a slow inhale.

"You. Know. How. Much I hate being called that, Brian."

Brian tilted his head. He seemed calm.

"It's only fair, Tim. You call me by my name all the time."

"Don't ever call me that again. Or I will kill you."

"Will you?"

"A-alright t-that's enough," announced Toby. The goggled boy got in between, "We d-don't have t-time for a f-fucking f-fight."

Masky gave a forced grin.

"My bad."

Things didn't slide off easily with him.

"C-c-come on," said Toby, trudging ahead. There was a flickering light at the end of the hall.

"Didn't we just replace the bulbs," asked Hoodie.

"Y-y-yeah I t-think so."

It was almost memorizing. The flashes got faster and faster.

"Oh c-christ," muttered Toby.

It exploded and shards flew in all directions. Masky and Hoodie shielded themselves.

When they looked up Ben Drowned stared back at them.

His bleeding eyes, green tunic, and stunted self in full glory.

He was grinning.

Another familiar face came from around the corner. Jeffery Woods. The killer waved his knife at them.

Toby and Hoodie instantly had their weapons out.

Masky moved his tongue on the roof of his mouth.

"Well well well," he murmured, and stared at the non proxies, "Look who it is."

Ben kept smiling but there was a dark aura around him.

W h e r e   i s  t h e    m e r m a i d .

"Mermaid? What are you talking about?"

Jeff let out a growl and pointed his knife at him, in an attempt to get him to talk."Don't play stupid. Tell us."

Masky stared at the two for a moment before smirking.

"She's pretty isn't she?"

Jeff's hand balled into a fist ready to fight.

"This son of a," Masky heard him grumble. Ben remained smiling and repeated his question.

W h e r e 's   t h e   m e r m a i d ?

Masky frowned.

"T-that's for us to know," snarled Toby.

Jeff took a step forward and the broken glass under his feet made a loud crunch.

"Wanna bet??"

His hair fell over his face, his knife ready to stab.

"I dare you to take another step," growled Hoodie. There was a moment of silence.

Jeff shrugged and did so.

Toby swung his axe at him. A light flashed of his blade and goggles. He barely missed a few strands of the killer's hair. Their weapons clashed together.

"Don't kill him," warned Hoodie.

"I-I k-k-know mom."

Toby struggled to gain the upper hand. He tried to use his axe handle to put Jeff in a headlock. It was all a blur. Whenever Hoodie tried to interfere, the killer would slash at him.

"Damn," he muttered.

"S-stay o-o-out of i-it, red riding hood!"

Jeff laughed giving Toby time to elbow him in the rib cage.

The killer was shoved to the floor.

He tried to back away but the tip of a blade met his throat. The blade of a wooden axe. Toby loomed over him.

"G-give it up, smiley."

The killer spat at him. It missed his shoe.

"...t-that's funny."

He held back his axe and then swung it. Jeff squeezed his eyes shut. Nothing happened.

The blade was a inch from the smiley killer's forehead.

"Wha-"

Toby's expression had gone blank. His eyes had changed from a deep brown to a blood red. He didn't move at all for a moment.

The proxy suddenly whirled and hurtled his weapon at Hoodie.

It missed him by a inch.

"Shit," yelled the other proxy, ducking, "He's possessed!"

Toby continued to come after Hoodie with his two other axes.

Somewhere in a dark corner Ben's eyes were just as red as Toby's. He was the puppeteer.

Masky raised his crowbar and charged at the elf. He swung his weapon but his attack was blocked by someone.

Jeff.

The killer had gotten up and was defending Ben.

"Take this asshole!"

His pale fist met with Masky's jaw and the proxy's head turned from the blow. His mask had completely come off, revealing his face. He tried to bring back a punch but his own crowbar was pushed against his neck.

"Masky just lost his mask," cooed Jeff, his scarred face too close.

Masky tried to kick him but missed. He couldn't breath. The killer cackled.

"You're so weak-"

He stopped mid-sentence and a smile was frozen on his face. A tentacle was wrapped around Jeff's pale wrist. Another one slithered around his neck and waist.

"CrAp-"

Slenderman loomed over everyone.

"No one is killing anyone," he announced.