Chapter 17| Flowers

EJ's POV

There was a distinct smell in the room. Flowers?

EJ couldn't put his finger on it. He shifted on a firm mattress. The whirring sound of Clockwork's screw driver caused vibrations that made his ears tingle. It hurt to move.

Come on.

Jack slowly brought himself to sit up. His hair was a mess. He put his hoodie back on because it had fallen off.

Tap-tap-tap.

A finger meeting glass. He could hear it over Clockwork banging a hammer. It was gentle.

Tap-tap-tap.

The sound came from the other side of the room. Jack discreetly slid off his bed. Step by step and one foot after the other. His stitches threatened to come loose. He reached out. His open palm met with cold glass. Another hand from the other side met with his own.

Someone else.

He was tempted to take a step closer. There was a swishing sound. Bit by bit, particle by particle the pain between his ribs begin to disperse. Relieving was a word to describe it.

"Hey."

Someone took Jack by the shoulder pulling him out of his trance.

"Jack?"

Clockwork. He hadn't heard her coming from behind. There was a touch of concern in her voice.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing," he responded. 

_________________________

Hoodie's POV

"You should've seen her, Brian."

"S-s-she w-was an u-under water babe!"

Toby and Masky were slapping each other on the back.

They were supposed to act like proxies, not like this. Hoodie continued to walk down a hallway and tried to ignore their comments. 

"[E/C] e-eyes. Curly/ S-straight h-hair. [H/C] h-hair-"

"Curvy hips/ Slim figure~"

"Can you both shut up," exclaimed Hoodie, "We have work to do-"

"-who said there were no GIRLS to do too? Maybe if you were around more of them you wouldn't have that frown on your face," taunted Masky, "-Unless you sway THAT way."

Hoodie stopped walking.

"...I am not gay."

Both his friends snickered.

"Fan-fiction might say o-otherwise-"

"WE WILL NOT BRING FAN-FICTION INTO THIS!"