Chapter 3| Bumpy Ride

Owen's POV

Owen called 911.

He stood outside in his pajamas. It took thirty minutes for one cop car to arrive. Red and blue flooded the streets and a female police officer stepped out. She had black curls and dark skin. She looked the same age as him. Mid-twenties. The car door slammed behind her, "Are you Owen Dixon?"

"Yes."

"I'm Edna Tess; a certified cop. Are you hurt?"

He shook his head. She pulled out a notepad, "Okay. Could you explain what happened?"

A chilling breeze went by. It was quieter than the man who broke into his room. Owen flinched and his eyes furrowed, "Where do I start?"

He told her everything. She listened to every word and took careful notes. Once he was done there was a bit of shock in her eyes, "I think I know who you're talking about", Edna said softly.

_____________________________________________

Y/N's POV

Seagulls squawked from above. It was strange to hear birds. Underwater you couldn't. The sun was bright and hot. You lay on a deck. The boards are damp. Your forehead is numb.

Two figures are in the corner of your eye. Humans. One of them paddled and steered the boat. The other was right beside you, twirling a strand of your hair. His finger moved to caress your cheek. Your bottom lip quivered. A chuckle rang in your ears causing a shiver to go up your spine.

Y o u ' r e   a w a k e .

There was an flicker at the end of the statement. Your chin was tilted and you met eyes with a boy. Blood streaked his face. His blonde hair tickled your neck. You let out a shaky breath. A smirk curled on his lips. You tried to pull back causing the boat to wobble. He snatched your wrist as his jaw clenched. His eyes flowed crimson. The boat shook again. This time more violently.

"Shit," came another voice, "-this current is-"

There was a bump and you nearly fell out the boat.

S h i T !

Water splattered on your face and left a tingling sensation. The ocean rotated in a circle creating a hole. Someone grabbed a fistful of your hair. A cry of pain left your throat. You clawed at the hand but it didn't budge.

"Trying to escape?"

You met eyes with a boy. Blood seeped down his chin. His black eyes bore into you.

"Well?" His aggressive tone made you jump.

Your bottom lip quivered.

You have never spoken in your life. Your lips shaped in a 'O'. A 'uh uh uh' came out your mouth. Then a 'wa wa wa'. Almost. "Wa....were...w....whirl....whirl...."

"WHAT?"

"WHIRL POOL!" you screamed. He swiveled and saw it, ".....oh shit. BEN, START THE DAMN ENGINE."

I   a m !

The blonde boy was at the back of the boat where there was a smashed up motor. His eyes glowed red as he reached into the machine and tried to reconnect wires. Power surged from his finger tips.

The vortex was fourteen yards away.

You struggled to speak, "U...you....hu...HAVE to lu..lu.. LET ME gu..GO! I...I wa...wants me...I-It'll ka..KILL-" Your mouth was covered making the last words muffled.

"BEN."

I t ' s  a l m o s t  d o n e !

There was a pathetic sputter from the engine. And then it took off.

___________________________________