Chapter 9| Save

Ben's POV

Ben watched the mermaid's scales drain of their blue color. The little bit of consciousness left in her eyes disappeared and she went limp in his arms. Moonlight shone through a few nearby clouds. He clutched her waist. Her lower half was wet and she smelled of strong liquor.

. . . t h e    m e r m a i d    h a s    b e e n   d r i n k i n g .

He begin to lower himself towards the ground.

"You are the guardian of the guardian." He thought he heard a voice say.

But no one was there.

_____________________________________

Edna's POV

Edna stared into the distance and fought to stay awake.

"You're hurt."

The voice was a murmur. Edna tried to ignore it.

"Let me heal you."

The boat wobbled from side to side. Edna's irritated expression faded and she sighed. This being had saved her from a shooter and she was losing a lot of blood. Maybe she should trust it.

"Fine," she said.

"Thank you."

She heard a rising of water and a familiar dripping in the boat. Something cold and wet wrapped around her arm. 3.5 percent of the Ocean was made of salt. It felt like a hundred needles had come into contact with her wound. Edna hissed through her teeth. The water cleansed her ripped flesh. It was like a tongue, licking at her blood. People had punched and bruised her but this managed to be more painful. The watery muscle finally retracted.

"Salt is good for the wounds."

"But it hurts like hell."

"......But it hurts like hell."

The ocean begin to laugh and she joined in. Her anger had vanished.

"Thanks."

"You are most welcome."

___________________

Hoodie's POV

Hoodie stepped over broken glass. The cafe was destroyed. Blood coated the tiled floors. Someone sat in the darkest corner of the room. They hummed a tune. A body bag laid by their feet.

"H-hey, Br-Brian." Ticci's recognizable stammer caused him to be relieved. There was a scrapping sound. A chair was being pushed back.

"L-looks l-l-l-like our p-part time job went out t-the wi-window." Toby revealed his face in a flickering light, "R-r-r-right?" It could of been the lighting but he looked mad.

Brian held back a insult.

"Can you hear me out? Two customers were talking about EJ. They needed to die."

Toby raised a brow. 

 "S-so?"

"What?"

"D-d-did you slaughter them?"

"....yeah."

The lie was blatant but waffle boy seemed to buy it, "W-well I guess it wa-wasn't all for nothing. I-I took care of the manager." He kicked the body bag.

Hoodie looked away.  He hasn't found out yet. That's all that mattered. Hopefully they could get away with this.