Chapter 27

Apparently Draco's version of "loads of fun" had been a few games of Wizards chess. Not what Harry was expecting, but he saw Draco's point at not getting into something they couldn't/wouldn't finish. Truthfully, he just enjoyed Draco's company and would do whatever the other man wanted.

They retired to their own rooms tonight, and Harry couldn't help but miss Draco's presence. He held the pillow Draco slept on and pulled it into his chest, burying his face in it.

Draco on the other hand didn't even have a chance to miss Harry. As soon as his head hit the pillow, he fell fast asleep. This was the most active Draco had been in ages these past two days and his body was not used to it. It was one of those rare nights where he didn't even need his potion to sleep.

Harry had slept for a long while earlier, so after an hour of tossing and turning he decided to don his glamour and head out to pick up some drinks and snacks from the 24 hour mart down the road.

Quickly writing a note in case Draco woke up, he stuck it onto his pillow and headed out. Armed with his wand and a few reusable shopping bags, Harry decided to walk the short block. He needed air.

The walk was nice, the store was empty, and he got what he needed fairly quickly. The fridge and pantry needed restocking too, so a couple hundred pounds later he was hidden by a wall shrinking his purchases. Maybe he went a bit overboard, but he had snagged the running shopping list Draco left stuck to the fridge and decided one trip was better than multiple.

When he got back, the first thing he did was check on Draco, who was sleeping soundly. Tucking him in, Harry pressed a kiss to his forehead.

"Night Harry", he whispered breathlessly.

"Goodnight Dray."

Reassured that Draco was safe, Harry began the task of unpacking and unloading the groceries, making sure to put up a silencing charm to not wake Draco. He put on the playlist he made with Draco in mind so many years ago that Draco didn't know about.

This playlist was private and well hidden. It was called enemies to lovers and Harry made it as soon as he realized why exactly he was so obsessed with Draco Malfoy. He hasn't listened to it in awhile, and it automatically brought him back to a sense of comfort. Harry sang along to every word as he unpacked all of his groceries. It felt like home. No, it was home. Draco made sure of that.

Seeing as he had only begun to feel a little bit tired, Harry decided to get set up for tomorrow now so that he could sleep in. Extending the silencing charm, Harry made quick work of the living room first.

Tables and couches were extended to hold more people. He carried up some extra chairs from the basement for the kitchen. The kitchen counter was covered in drinks, the table with snacks. A shelf in the fridge was cleared for everything Seamus would be bringing to drink.

Anything Harry didn't want to be eaten was locked away in the cabinets. He left various games, both wizard and muggle on the living room table. Anything breakable was quickly moved to the dining room. He wrote a note and stuck it on the door as a reminder for Draco to seal it. The last thing Harry did was frame a picture of Dumbledore's Army and add it to the mantle. He would take a new picture with all of his friends before they got too drunk. And another one after, just for a laugh.

Feeling satisfied with his efforts, Harry scribbled another note for Draco informing him to not wake up Harry and that his alarm would be doing that. It was 4am now, and finally, Harry was ready to sleep again. Once his head hit the pillow, Harry finally fell into a restful sleep.

****

Of course, Draco was the first one to wake. He actually felt refreshed, and had finally had a pleasant dream for the first time in years. Seeing that it was just after 10am, Draco went to go check on Harry. He was stopped by a note next to him.