01

ꜱᴛᴇᴘ ᴏɴᴇ: ʙᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʀ,

[ "ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ꜱᴀʏɪɴɢ 'ɴɪᴄᴇ ɢᴜʏꜱ ꜰɪɴɪꜱʜ ʟᴀꜱᴛ' ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ꜰᴜʀᴛʜᴇʀ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ!" ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ...

Your eyes scanned the small room. The wooden floors were cold. The wallpaper was peeling off the brick walls. There was a very modest window that allowed the night sky to creep in, but it wasn't the kind of window you could manage to escape through. There was a poor metal bed frame that was home to a lackluster mattress with a blanket folded over it.

"The bathroom's down the hall, you're free to use it whenever you'd like," Shigaraki stated after opening the door for you. The room was not comfortable in the slightest, but you were a hostage, not a house guest. You had to admit, however, the room Shigaraki provided was far better than the room you had previously been kept in. Shigaraki's new plan was now in full swing. The first step, of course, was to be nice to you. Shigaraki had to be conscious of his actions, and purposely be polite. He cleared this throat.

"Is there... anything I can get you?" Shigaraki asked to your dismay. You looked at him, blinking in bewilderment. His expression was still covered by the lifeless hand that covered his face. You hugged your arms to your chest, wary of his presence.

"Well, it would be nice to have a change of clothes," You answered, hesitantly, your tone timid and low. You were in no position to bargain for better terms. You were only there because they would most likely kill you if you failed to co-operate. Shigaraki thought for a moment about what you said. He did have access to your home address, and it wouldn't be that difficult to send someone to fetch a few things for you.

"I'll see what I can do," Shigaraki muttered, mostly to himself and you hardly heard what he said. "I'll tell the others they're not allowed in here, and Toga's been sent to get a working heater." There was a moment of silence as you inspected the decrepit space, part of you seriously worried if there was mold growing in a corner somewhere. Shigaraki realized it was an awkward silence, not a comfortable silence, a little too late to leave at an appropriate time.

"Um... see you tomorrow then," Shigaraki stated before disappearing. "Goodnight." He would have to do further research into what constituted "being nice" in order to win your trust. Another vital aspect of his plan was keeping you in the dark. You could not know what he was doing, otherwise, you would never join him.

He shut the door behind him. You sighed. The great severity of the situation had set in: you were being forced to betray your allies to help The League of Villains. You felt selfish. You should've told Shigaraki to go to hell, and take you with him. Most of your coworkers would honorably lay down their lives before giving villains anything. Yet, here you were, willing to use your skills to benefit the villains with little to no resistance. You were a coward.

Carefully, you sat on the run-down bed. You kept your arms securely around your torso, a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. You laid down, hoping the mattress was bedbug-free. You picked your legs off the ground. The burning sensation of tears began to sting your eyes. Your body ached. Your muscles were in dire need of use, but you felt terribly exhausted. You closed your eyes, attempting to fall asleep. You quickly found falling asleep in a place that constantly required your guard to be up was rather difficult. Still, you were somehow successful.

You hoped it was all a nightmare, and that you'd wake up in the morning back in your home. But, you didn't. You woke up in the same room Shigaraki have given you. You frown, the feeling of dried tears at the corners of your eyes. You stood up, fixing your shirt and hair as much as you could without the aid of a mirror. As you scanned the room, you noticed three boxes sitting on the floor. Curiosity got the better of you, and you opened them.

Each one of the boxes was filled with your belongings. Clothes, toiletries, etc. you had everything you needed to live semi-comfortably. You were shocked. Did Shigaraki actually go to your apartment and get these for you? Why would he do that? Why would he be nice to you?

Shigaraki had ulterior motives. That had to be the answer to all of this. Otherwise, why would he so quickly abandon his previous plan to lure out and kill the top hero? This was the only option that made sense. Shigaraki was a villain and a killer. He wasn't being nice just to be nice, he had to get something out of this. And whatever it was, you weren't going to let him have it.

ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ...