09

ꜱᴛᴇᴘ ɴɪɴᴇ: ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ʜᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ꜱʜᴇ ɴᴇᴇᴅꜱ ʏᴏᴜ,

"ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ɢᴏᴇꜱ ᴀ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴡᴀʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ʀᴇᴀꜱᴏɴꜱ." ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ...

He opened the door, pulling it closed behind him. His lanky legs made light work of climbing down the staircase. Tenko was there to check the progress of that file you were compiling. His footsteps echoed in the basement, but you failed to hear them as he approached where you slouched over. That was when Tenko heard the heart-aching sound of your sniffling. It wasn't that cold in the basement. You were crying. Tenko was quickly overwhelmed with worry.

"Oh... Oh no," He muttered under his breath. "(Y-Y/n), what's wrong?" Tenko nearly rushed to your side. He swiveled the chair in his direction, but that only prompted you to turn away. You thought you looked pathetic when you cried.

"I-It's okay," Tenko frantically said. He wanted to comfort you so desperately. He wanted to make you happy, to help you through whatever you were feeling. The only problem was, he had no idea how. No one had ever given him the chance to comfort them before; no one had ever been vulnerable around him before. You sniffed again, trying to stifle the stream of tears. Tenko pulled his shirt sleeve over the palm of his hand carefully. He used it to turn your head in his direction.

He wished he hadn't. Seeing the pain in your expression hurt him so much. Your eyes were red, and your eyelashes stuck together. You tried wiping the snot that came along with the tears. You looked so distressed, and he hated to see you like that. Yet, you were still so beautiful to him.

"It's okay," Tenko said, gingerly brushing away the tears that stained your cheeks with his sleeve. "What's wrong?" You shook your head and pushed his arm away. Tenko was confused.

"You can tell me," Tenko told you, trying his best to sound reassuring. "I'm--I'm here for you." You looked at the young man crouching in front of you. He had such a warm and worried aura, you wondered if he really meant what he said.

"I don't understand," You admitted, harshly drying your eyes. "You kidnap me, you force me to help you commit crimes, and--and then you act like we're friends!" It was difficult to talk due to the lump in your throat, despite your best efforts, your voice cracked. "And the people who are supposed to be my friends haven't done shit to try and find me!" Tenko placed a cautious hand onto your shaking shoulder.

"The heroes are hypocrites," Tenko stated as soft as he could. "They only care about themselves. I'm so sorry." More tears dripped from your eyes. Tenko realized that his words were harsh, but they were true.

"Am I... Am I not worth rescuing?" You whispered. Tenko saw your lip quivering, and he wanted nothing but to give you the world so that you would smile again.

"No," Tenko quickly said. "No, no, no. You are worth so much, but the heroes don't do anything unless they get something out of it." You looked at Tenko. The tears never stopped, but his words made you upset. He was being so kind to you, but you couldn't help but think:

"How are you any different?" You asked soberly.

"Wh-What?" Tenko stuttered, failing to properly explain himself. You watched as he struggled to explain how he was different. You shook your head slowly. You took a deep breath, your shaking coming to an end.

"Please leave," You stated firmly. Tenko didn't want to leave. He forgot the entire reason he came to the basement in the first place. He wanted to stay. He wanted to convince you that his plan was now so much more than just gaining information. He wanted to be there for you, but it seemed you didn't want anything to do with him. He fought his strong urges, realizing if he stayed it would only make you hate him more. A scowl planted across his face, and he stood up. He walked to the stairwell. He paused, resisting the habit to look back at you over his shoulder. If he had, he would have seen your pretty (e/c) eyes watching him leave.

ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ...