08

ꜱᴛᴇᴘ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴛᴇᴀꜱᴇ ʜᴇʀ ᴘʟᴀʏꜰᴜʟʟʏ,

[ "ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴀᴍᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ɢɪʀʟꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ, ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ɢɪʀʟꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏꜰᴜʟʟʏ ᴛᴇᴀꜱᴇᴅ ᴛᴏᴏ!"  ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ...

You sat on the carpeted floor, your legs positioned crisscrossed. You fiddled with your fingers nervously, your eyes wandering the room. You were a little surprised at how clean and organized Tenko's room was. Little did you know, he had actually thoroughly cleaned his room anticipating that you would be in the space. He was nervous to invite you over, even if his room was just across the hall. Delicately, he handed you one of the two controllers.

"You know how to play, right?" Tenko asked, sitting down on the floor directly beside you.

"Y-Yeah," You told him, adjusting your grip on the controller. When Tenko had asked if you would like to play video games with him, you were too afraid to refuse his offer. It had been some time since you had played Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but you figured it would be just like riding a bike. Unfortunately, it was not. You lost the first three rounds you played.

"I thought you said you've played before?" Tenko asked as he glanced at you, a small smirk on his face. 

"It's been a while," You muttered, too nervous to look at him.

"A while? I think you mean decades," Tenko corrected you playfully. You shook your head, knowing he was probably right in his assessment. Either way, the next match started. The sound of tension and buttons clicking filled the room. The glow from the television screen was one of the only sources of light in Tenko's bedroom. You grinned as the screen showed a victory animation for player two.

"You were getting cocky," You remarked. "I'm just getting warmed up." Tenko looked at you, a slack-jawed smile on his face. Where did that come from? A little spark of confidence and some playful words were both rather amusing to him. Tenko noticed this flicker of competitiveness, and he was curious to see how far you would go.

"You're really making a comeback, huh?" Tenko said, leaning forward. "Too bad I'm gonna have to beat you." You laughed mockingly,

"Not likely, sweetheart." Tenko knew you were being sarcastic, but hearing you call him that threw him off. His heart tripped and he felt his cheeks flush. He wished to hear you call him that genuinely. He wished to hear you call him a lot of other things too. Tenko chuckled, and you laughed with him. The joy in your expression dissipated. You let your guard down. You were sitting on the floor of the leader of The League of Villains' bedroom joking with him like you were long-lost friends. This was a mistake.

You lost the match.

"It's late, I should get to bed," You told him meekly. You placed the controller on the ground and rose to your feet carefully. Tenko didn't try and stop you, he just watched as you left, closing the door behind you. Tenko sighed. You always managed to slip through his fingers every time he almost got you out of your shell. He was disappointed but he was determined to keep trying.

ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ...