09

ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɴɪɴᴇ:

[ "ᴘʀᴏ ʜᴇʀᴏ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴘᴏʟɪᴄᴇ ɪɴᴠᴇꜱᴛɪɢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ᴄʜᴀʀɢᴇꜱ ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ!"  ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ. . .

Glass littered the floor, crunching under the hero's feet. The windows were utterly shattered. Pieces of furniture were overturned, some even broken. It was all simply collateral damage of the commotion that took place less than an hour ago.

"The last thing I remember was the alarm going off," Aki sighed, a heavy headache pounding in his skull. "Then one of the intruders knocked me out. When I woke up, they were gone and so was (L/n)."

"Did it appear she called them?" Endeavor asked, looking around at the police hurrying to tidy up the crime scene. They wanted to wrap things up as quickly as possible. No doubt, this incident would drum up press coverage, and not in a good way.

"She didn't," Aki stated, looking across the apartment.

"How long had (L/n) been conspiring with The League of Villains?" Endeavor questioned seriously.

"Probably about three months," Aki explained to his boss. "All of our information could be compromised; communication lines, future mission plans--"

"You don't think I know that?" Endeavor raised his voice in frustration. "It doesn't matter now." The hero thought for a moment, planning his next move carefully. "We'll see if any leads turn up and you'll take her place as our head researcher if none do."

"Yes, sir."

( ᴍᴇᴀɴᴡʜɪʟᴇ. . . )

"Do you... " He had paused, unsure if he even wanted to know the truth. "Do you think I'm disgusting?" He had watched as you looked at him with curious eyes. Perplexity had been written across your expression.

"Of course I don't," You had told him without hesitation. Tenko struggled to believe your words back then. Much like the people around him, he believed it was impossible for somebody like him to find love. No one had ever told him that he wasn't disgusting. That he wasn't gross. That he wasn't evil. That he wasn't unloveable.

"Tenko, I think you're amazing," You had said with such tenderness.

"But I-I look--" You hadn't let him finish,

"You look perfect," You had insisted, a kind smile on your face. "Scars and all." You had leaned in, pressing soft kisses to his cracked and flawed skin. His shriveled heart had swelled at your affection. Though it was hard to trust you on this, he had been too weak to resist your affection.

The vibration of his phone pulled Tenko out of his memories. He rolled his eyes, picking up the device.

"What do you want?" Tenko asked, his voice clearly displaying irritation.

"Hello, Shigaraki," The criminal on the other line sighed. "I noticed were... bored in our meeting a few days ago." Tenko needed a moment to recall the criminal and what their meeting was about. He had completely forgotten until he remembered.

"Like I said, what do you want?" He repeated himself, showing zero amusement. The criminal chuckled.

"I want to go through with the deal," The criminal casually informed him. "But, I'm not sure how invested you are." Tenko sighed, his eyes rolling again.

"What the fuck are you on about?" Tenko struggled to find interest in the conversation. Much like the criminal himself, Tenko could not care in the slightest for what the man was ranting about.

"To ensure your cooperation and dedication," The criminal went on, ignoring Tenko's last request. "I've acquired... insurance." Suddenly, the criminal hung up. Thoroughly confused, Tenko placed his phone back down onto his desk. He returned to the document pulled up on his computer monitor. His phone buzzed again, but only once. Tenko ignored it.

He skimmed the document containing the floorplan of the agency office. Then his phone buzzed again. Finally, he picked up his phone and looked at the two text messages he received. The first message was an image. A photograph of someone duct-taped to a chair, gagged, and obviously injured.

In a fit of fury, Tenko turned his cell phone to dust. He felt a fire burn in his chest; pure rage. Tenko know had two photographs of you looking into the camera. Tenko was going to kill the son of a bitch that thought he could lay a hand on you.

"Insurance."

ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ. . .