04

ᴘᴀʀᴛ ꜰᴏᴜʀ:

"ʙᴇꜱᴛ ᴊᴇᴀɴɪꜱᴛ ᴄʟᴇᴀʀᴇᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴀ Qᴜɪᴄᴋ ʀᴇᴄᴏᴠᴇʀʏ!"  ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ. . .

Your hand was shaking as you opened the door. Getting called into your boss's office at the end of the day was nerve-wracking for anybody, but at your job, it was beyond terrifying. The nation's toughest criminals feared that man, so of course, you would too. You stepped inside of his expansive office slowly.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" You asked respectfully. You looked up from your shoes to the broad man sitting behind his desk. He gestured to one of the chairs directly across from that expensive wooden desk.

"Thank you for coming in, Ms. (L/n)," Endeavor spoke seriously, as always. "Please sit down." You did as he asked, nervously taking up as little space as possible. "I have some questions about the statement you gave to the police the night you were rescued." You nodded your head and he opened the file that was sat on his desk. You swallowed thickly.

"You claimed you escaped during the fight near the park, correct?" He clarified, glancing over the written statement.

"Yes, sir," You nodded.

"One of the heroes on the scene say they saw Shigaraki escape with you," Endeavor explained. "Can you rectify this inconsistency?"

"I escaped during the fight," You repeated yourself carefully. "Te--Shigaraki must have followed me but gave up somewhere along the way."

"That fact wasn't present in your initial statement," Endeavor pointed out, looking you in the eye. His gaze was so intense.

"Well, I-I only assume that's what happened," You stuttered. "I didn't look back a-and this is the first time I'm hearing the others' statements." There's a moment of silence, one that only reinforced the suffocating pressure you felt.

"Shigaraki called the entire League of Villains instead of letting you go, correct?" You nodded. "Do you recall the reason Shigaraki kidnapped you in the first place?" You nodded again.

"Because I work for you," You explained plainly. "He wanted information, I didn't give it to him."

"What information specifically?" Endeavor asked intently.

"I have no idea," You confessed, one of the only honest things you said the entire meeting. "Probably personal information about the heroes that work here."

"Has Shigaraki tried to contact you since the events of that night?" Endeavor asked, his words cut sharp. You took a quick deep breath.

"No, sir," You lied again. You didn't dare break eye contact with the intimidating hero across from you. If you did, it would be a dead giveaway that you weren't telling the truth. He closed the file on his desk.

"Thank you, that's all," Endeavor dismissed you. You swiftly stood up and exited his office. As soon as the door shut behind you, you exhaled the breath you hadn't realized you were holding. You walked down the hall, trying to shake the distressing aura your boss left with anyone he was around. As a kid, you had no idea working for a hero could be so scary.

All your classmates and friends idolized the heroes you grew up with, and so did you. You walked home, seeing kids dressed in top hero merchandise. You knew your view on those same heroes has certainly changed upon getting to work for them. After all, once you know how the sausage gets made, they're suddenly... less appetizing.

ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ. . .