15

ꜱᴛᴇᴘ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛᴇʟʟ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴇᴇʟ,

"ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀ, ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴇᴇʟ." ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ...

Panting heavily, Tenko placed you on your feet carefully, warry of any potential injuries. He slammed the hideout door shut before rushing back to your side. He looked at you up close, his crimson eyes scanning your rattled form.

"Are you okay?" Tenko asked frantically, his breathing still not steady as his heart refused to slow its beating. "Did you get hurt?"

"I'm not hurt," You told him, the adrenaline still flowing through your veins. Tenko let out a sigh, physically relieved that you were alright.

"I'm--" Tenko inhaled shakily, "I'm so sorry I got you wrapped up in all this. I'm so sorry they almost... " He trailed off, too flustered and overwhelmed by the situation to formulate proper sentences. Tenko managed to escape with you, but it was by too close of a margin for his comfort. Tenko was sure most, if not all of his cohorts would survive the mess he left them to clean up. You looked at how frightened Tenko was.

"Did you mean it?" You asked him in a low tone, searching for any sign of hesitation. "What you said about me, do you believe it?"

"Of course I did," Tenko looked into your eyes, answering almost instantly. He wanted to make things right. He wanted to fix it. Tenko tripped over himself. Tenko tripped over and over again to try and be worthy of your love. He swallowed the lump in his throat, struggling to put his abstract feelings into words.

"I-I never meant for it all to go so bad," Tenko admitted, resting his gaze on the floor; too afraid to watch your expression. "It was all a ploy at first, just for you to give me information. I don't know how it turned into more than that! (Y/n), it's not my fault things changed. I didn't mean to!" You looked at him while you shared a moment of tension-filled silence.

"You didn't mean to what?" You asked, but your words were near inaudible.

"I didn't mean to fall so hard for you," Tenko confessed, placing an ever so careful hand against your cheek once he got the courage to look at your face. "I love you, (Y/n)." Placing a hand on top of his softly, you smiled at him.

"Tenko," You mumbled, feeling a tear drip from your eye. "You can't make someone fall in love with you." You were right and Tenko knew it. He shook his head, tears brimming in his eyes as well.

"But I don't wanna let you go," Tenko whispered, his voice pleading. "Please." You tried to get him to understand, looking at him gently. You placed your other hand against his head, softly stroking his hair. You hated the pain he wore like a comfortable sweater.

"If you truly love me, you'll want what's best for me," You told him, your voice calm and kind. "And what's best for me isn't being kept in your basement." You felt Tenko's head slowly drop from your face, falling limp at his side. His heart ached, and you could tell. He looked at your expression, praying that you would change your mind for just a moment. Regardless of all the feelings and urges he felt to keep you with him forever... he knew you were right.

"Okay," He mumbled, nodding his head subtly with a trembling lip. "Okay. You can--You can leave. I won't try and stop you." A smile made its way onto your face, silently thanking him for making the right choice in the end. "But if you ever need me, I'll be right here! Y-You can always come back and join us and be with me. I promise." You caressed his cheek softly. You let go, stepping back from his grasp. You didn't say anything as Tenko watched you turn around. You opened the door.

And you closed it behind you.

The sound of the door shutting mimicked the sound of Tenko's heart breaking into a thousand small pieces. The young man had heard about this kind of heartbreak before. He felt a few stray tears fall from his eyes, rolling down his pale cheek. He was being honest when he meant he never intended for his plan to go so wrong. What has Tenko done to himself?

Tenko snapped his head up at the sound of the door swinging open. In half a moment, Tenko felt someone grab the tie around his neck and an arm around his shoulders. Before he could process what was happening, you kissed him. Your hands held his tear-stained face as your lips met. Tenko's eyes fluttered closed, the electrifying feeling which was so new to him left the young man scrambling for any coherent thought that distracted him from you. He had fanaticized about kissing you in the past, but fuck it felt so much better than he ever imagined.

His legs felt weak, but somehow he managed to keep standing. Bar a few fingers, he held your waist. Your hands traveled from his tie and shoulders to his soft hair, pulling on the strands lightly. Tenko practically moaned, his blunt fingernails scratching your clothes skin as you melted into each other. He never wanted that moment to end. You in his arms, your hands in his hair, getting to kiss you passionately; it was perfect.

Deep down, Tenko knew he could not have you. Before he could escape the intoxicating feeling that left him love-drunk, you had slipped away. You disappeared, probably never to return. When Tenko's eyes slowly opened, he realized you were really gone. His plan had come full circle.

He started alone and that's how he would end. He would never forget that kiss, though. It was his first one and it forever belonged to you. You; the timid yet dedicated researcher he fell in love with. And he was going to miss you for the rest of his life.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ.