10

ꜱᴛᴇᴘ ᴛᴇɴ: ɢɪᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀ ꜱᴘᴀᴄᴇ,

"ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ᴀʙꜱᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ꜰᴏɴᴅᴇʀ, ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟꜱᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʙᴏᴜɴᴅᴀʀɪᴇꜱ ɪɴ ᴍɪɴᴅ." ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ...

After what transpired when he caught you crying, Tenko thought it would be best to start step ten of his plan. It was time to give you some space to breathe. The very few times your paths would cross, Tenko was intentional to keep those interactions brief a minimal. The things you said to him made it clear that you had no desire to be around him anymore. If you had any desire in the first, that is. Tenko was reluctant to admit it, but he had grown used to spending so much time with you. In fact, he had grown to cherish it.

Most of Tenko's life consisted of his work. Work consisted of unspeakably horrible things. For so long, those horrible things brought him joy. Life was nothing but the darkest that surrounded him. So, Tenko learned to love the dark, after all, it was all he had. Tenko tried to apply the same logic to you.

Even in such dire circumstances, you were resilient. You held strong to your beliefs; you held strong to the light. The same light that was behind your beautiful eyes. In a turn of events, Tenko's plan had the complete opposite effect. Instead of making you fall in love with his darkness, he fell in love with your light.

Tenko was none the wiser, spending time with you made him easier to be around. The more observant members of The Leauge of Villains noticed a pattern; you made him happier. Ever since you began to work for them, it was like Tenko had a little project to work on with a friend. As soon as he took a break from that project, his old habits started to resurface. He was more irritable and agitated than he had been in the weeks prior. Of course, no one mentioned it. Not only did they fear such an act would risk their lives, they simply didn't care about their leader's happiness.

That was the difference between you and the others he spent his days with. It appeared to Tenko that you cared about him. You tried to make him feel better any chance you had and you asked how he was doing; all things no one else did.

You wondered why you did those things. Those acts of human decency came naturally. They were like instincts that were near impossible to shake, but you altogether had stopped trying to resist them.

Sitting at your desk all alone in the basement was rather lonely. You were frankly surprised that the villains didn't return you to that holding cell you were locked in. Did you miss Tenko and his company? That was impossible. Tenko was an evil, maniacal, vile, cold-blooded killer... who was also considerate, thoughtful, kind, and clearly trying his best. He was trying to be a good guy and it made you smile. Why?

You swore it wasn't Stockholm syndrome.

ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ...