06

ᴘᴀʀᴛ ꜱɪx:

[ "ᴇxᴄʟᴜꜱɪᴠᴇ: ʟɪᴏɴ ʜᴇʀᴏ ꜱʜɪꜱʜɪᴅᴏ ᴀᴄᴄᴜꜱᴇᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴇxᴄᴇꜱꜱɪᴠᴇ ꜰᴏʀᴄᴇ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ʟᴀᴛᴇꜱᴛ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴ ᴀᴛʟᴇʀᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ!"  ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ. . .

There was a whisper throughout the halls. If you listened, you could hear an echo in the break room. Murmurs of a horrible accident, mutters that it wasn't an accident at all. You overheard it in the bathroom that morning and you couldn't focus on work ever since. You nervously tapped your pen against your desk, trying your best to finish the task in front of you.

"Hey, (L/n)," Aki got your attention in a low tone. "Have you heard the rumors?" You looked up from your computer monitor with a frown.

"I don't know who hasn't," You mumbled. Aki peered down the hall, both ways, before leaning in.

"Do you think it's true?" Aki asked in a whisper. "That Hawks did... that?" You sighed. You bit the inside of your cheek.

"I don't know," You confessed gravely. "And even if I did, I wouldn't spill it at the water cooler." Aki chuckled, though the topic was humorless.

"Do you think a hero could do something like that?" Aki asked, almost paraphrasing his initial inquiry.

"I don't know," You repeated yourself. The spread of rumors can make any workplace tense and unsettled. When rumors like those caught on like wildfire in your workplace, everyone was wound up beyond belief. You didn't want to think about it. Humans are capable of horrible, horrible things, but a hero? You didn't want to believe it. You just wanted to go home. You just wanted to go home and spend time with the man you had grown so attached to.

With a heavy sigh, you tossed the door shut behind you. You slumped over to the sofa, kicking your shoes off in the process. Lucky for you, someone was already waiting for you.

"Long day?" Tenko gently asked. You nodded your head, rubbing your temples to try and destress. Tenko sat next to you, laying a kiss on your cheek.

"There's just some stupid rumor floating around the office," You explained. "People think one of the top heroes... " You exhaled, unsure if you should even be telling Tenko this information, "killed someone." Tenko began to laugh bitterly. "What's so funny?"

"Found out we had a double-agent not too long ago," Tenko said, leaning forward. "Killed one of my men." Your eyes widened, your hands coming to cover your face. "That's why I've been so busy lately." You rose to your feet, a sick feeling festering in the pit of your stomach. It wasn't nausea. No, it was much, much worse.

"I know when we first started being together, we said no work talk but," Tenko began, feeling a metaphorical soapbox manifest under his feet. "They're all hypocrites. Can't you see that now? These so-called heroes are just as bad as we are."

"Tenko, I don't want to do this," You said in a shaky voice.

"I know, I know," Tenko said, getting up to step closer to you. "But, (Y/n), you can't ignore this. With everything you know--" You didn't let him finish, you already knew where he was going,

"We've talked about this,"  You reminded him sternly. You kept your back turned, unable to look Tenko in the eye. You cared for him, but you didn't care for his line of work.

"Now you have to see what I've been trying to show you!" Tenko asserted in desperation. "We're just trying to fix this world!" Tenko reached out, cautiously touching your elbow from behind, bar two fingers. "Do you have any idea how much you could help us?" Tenko asked just above a whisper. You felt your eyes begin to burn, tears forming just above your lower eyelids. Tenko heard you sniffle. He realized he had pushed too hard.

"Can't we just pretend to be normal?" You pleaded, trying to swallow the lump in your throat. "Just for a little bit?"

"Yeah, we can," Tenko said, turning you around to give you a proper hug. "I shouldn't have brought it up. I'm sorry."

ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ. . .