12

ꜱᴛᴇᴘ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ᴅᴏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ʜᴇʀ,

[ "ꜱᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ ɢᴇꜱᴛᴜʀᴇꜱ ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ!" ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ...

He tugged on the black tie that tightly gripped the collar around this throat. Tenko was not sure he thought this through, but it was too late to back out, he had already knocked on your door.

"Do you need something?" You asked, your voice laced with the remnants of sleep. You rubbed your eyes, clear vision finally settling in. He was dressed so nicely, where had he just gotten back from? Or, where was he going? The suit he wore was well-tailored; he managed to really pull it off. You had thought he was a little cute before, but now--

"Here, put this on," Tenko handed you a jacket, that you assumed was his. "And follow me." Like many other things Tenko asked you to do, you figured you had no choice. You slipped the jacket over your shoulders, finding it a little too big for you. Tenko reached out and carefully pulled the hood over your head. He smiled. Tenko cautiously guided you to the hideout exit. He hadn't allowed you to see the exit of the building until now. Tenko opened the door and left, you at his side.

"Where are you taking me?" You asked in a hushed tone, frightened.

"There's a small park a few blocks from here," He said, sounding a little excited. "Y-You said you wanted to be outside, so I-I thought that we could... " Tenko trailed off awkwardly, a blush threatening to coat his cheeks. You smiled, somewhat nervously. You nodded your head and Tenko grinned. He had hoped you would like his idea. You couldn't recall how late at night it was, or how early in the morning. It was dark, stars filled the sky, and the streets were quiet. Tenko was intentional to take you out at a time where no one would be out. Perhaps a few drug mules and homeless folks littered the sidewalk, but none of them would recognize you. Even if they did, they wouldn't care enough to report it to the police.

"Are you cold?" Tenko asked, looking at you. You shook your head.

"No, I'm fine, thank you," You told him with a small smile. He smiled in return, happy you were content. Tenko wasn't sure what he was supposed to do, given that he has never been on a date before. He considered your walk in the park to be kind of like a date, but you didn't know he viewed it that way. Tenko stopped walking. You paused when you noticed he lagged behind. He had kneeled down for some reason, his back facing you. When he turned around, he extended his hand to you. In between his thumb and middle finger were a few wildflowers. 

"Oh... " You said in surprise. "Are those for me?"

"Yes," Tenko stated awkwardly, stepping a little closer. "Unless you don't want them."

"No, Thank you," You told him, carefully accepting the three messily picked flowers. It was clear he was trying his best to be sweet, and you supposed that deserved some kind of reward. You tucked the three flowers behind your ear securely. Tenko glanced at you briefly and... here he thought you couldn't any prettier. He smiled softly, looking away before you noticed his stare. You both saw a clear patch of grass up ahead.

Tenko reached out, grasping onto your pinky finger with his. He tugged you in the direction of the miniature field. He sat down on the grass, gently pulling you down with him. Soon after, you laid down. You looked up at the stars. They were gorgeous; sparkling diamonds in a sea of dark indigo and charcoal hues. You had never star gazed in the park before, but seeing the night sky in all its glory made you realize what you were missing.

"The stars are so pretty," You said, chuckling lightly.

"They're nice, yeah," Tenko agreed, looking at you for a moment. "B-But I think you're a lot prettier." You felt your cheeks heat up at his compliment. You laughed, truly flattered. You looked over at the man who laid in the grass next to you. His soft baby blue hair looked so nice to play with. You wondered if he'd like that. You sat up, using your forearms to prop up your upper body. Tenko mimicked your actions.

"Thank you," You said. He was acting so tender, so sweet, and so loving. Why? He must have been using you. What could he have to gain from this? He had to be using you. Yet, the affection his eyes portrayed melted your heart. His heart pounded in his chest; you were so close to him. Like metal to a magnet, he was drawn in, leaning ever so closer. His mind was foggy, all he could think about was kissing you.

Suddenly, Tenko jumped up, grabbing onto the sleeve of the jacket you wore to pull you to your feet. You were startled, but soon understood why he was too. In the distance, you could hear police sirens.

ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ...