08

ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ:

[ "ʜᴇʀᴏ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ꜱᴛᴀɪɴ'ꜱ ɪᴅᴇᴏʟᴏɢʏ ʀᴇᴠɪꜱɪᴛᴇᴅ: ʜᴏᴡ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴡᴀꜱ ʜᴇ?"  ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ. . .

The thumping in your chest was erratic. You tried your best to remain composed, but his expression was dangerous. Just how much did he know? You held your tongue. You felt the tension creep up your spine, infecting your shoulders with a stiff ache.

"The other day you talked about motive," Aki began seriously, "What was Shigaraki's motive?" You tilted your head in faux confusion.

"I don't know," You mumbled with a small shrug. "Maybe I'm just easily replaceable." The look on Aki's face told you he didn't believe a word you said.

"Villains don't just let hostages go," Aki said again. Why did he say that? Fuck. How did he know? He had to know. You felt any color drain from your face, a sick warm feeling spreading throughout you.

"I really don't want to talk about this subject," You told him honestly.

"Has Shigaraki tried to contact you since the night you escaped?" Aki stepped closer to you, his tone was almost threatening. "You still haven't answered me."

"Can we drop it, please?" Your efforts to end the conversation were met with a sudden burst of rage.

"Answer the question!" Aki shouted. What had gotten into him? Your breathing was becoming unstable. If he found out, what would he do? Was there any conceivable way to play this off? You still didn't answer the question. You didn't trust yourself to lie and get away with it.

"I saw the footage, damn it!" Aki exclaimed, his volume making you jump. "I saw it on your phone, he was here!" Aki saw your eyes flickered around the room; you were avoiding eye contact. You had no idea what excuse could dismiss the truth.

"He couldn't have broken in with the security system," Aki went on, his anger turning to silent fury. "You would've had to let Shigaraki in, (L/n)."

"I... I don't know what to tell you," You tripped over your words. You never were a good liar. Aki grabbed your shoulders suddenly, fear rippling through you.

"Did you let him in?" Aki nearly yelled, making you flinch. You tried to coward away, bringing your hands to cover your mouth. His grip was tough as iron, a vengeful fire in his once carefree eyes. Even in the early days of your kidnapping, Tenko never treated you like this. You felt your hands begin to shake.

"I let him in... " You uttered just above a whisper. Aki let go of you, stumbling back in shock.

"What is wrong with you?" Aki asked in disbelief. "You'll be arrested for this! How could you do this to us?"

"I haven't done anything," You responded in a trembling voice.

"You've been conspiring with killers!" Aki accused with, his words sharp like knives.

"For all we know, we work for killers," You reminded him, slowly growing to match his volume. Aki was putting immense pressure on you. He had cornered you. Were you really about to defend the villains? It seemed you had no other choice.

"So you betray us without a second thought?" Aki wondered aloud.

"You all betrayed me first!" You cried out, finding your own source of rage. "I walk down the halls of our office and all I can think about is how you all did nothing! No one even tried to find me! Your so-called heroes didn't do shit!"

"I hate that I was right," Aki said coldly. He looked shocked, offended even. A sudden burst of passion consumed you. You weren't defending just yourself anymore. You were defending Tenko.

"Did you ever wonder why the villains feel the need to do the things they do?" You demanded in desperation. "You people never do! Instead, you just beat the shit out of someone who thinks they're doing the right thing!" Your own words echoed in your skull. You people. Not we. Aki took out his phone out of his pocket. He was going to call Endeavor.

Just when you thought all was lost, you heard the sound of glass shattering, followed by the blare of an alarm.

ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ. . .