07

ᴘᴀʀᴛ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ:

[ "ᴀʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ʙʀᴜᴛᴀʟɪᴛʏ ʟᴀᴡꜱ? ᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ᴘʀᴏꜱᴇᴄᴜᴛᴏʀ ᴄʜɪᴍᴇꜱ ɪɴ!"  ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ. . .

"Excuse me," The office secretary interrupted you politely. "This came for you." You stopped in your tracks, looking over to her desk. She extended her arm in your direction, holding an envelope. You thanked her, then continued to exit the building. Skeptically, you opened the envelope, pulling out the piece of paper inside. It was a note written to you.

"(Y/n),

I know this might be weird, but I can't safely contact you any other way. I'm really sorry, but I can't come over tonight, I'm super busy with work. Stay safe while I'm not around. I love you.

- Tenko"

A grin of pure joy crept onto your face. Though his handwriting was sloppy, you thought it was cute. You and Tenko didn't keep in touch via text messages, out of fear of being wiretapped. Every once in a while, he would leave you a voice mail from a nearly abandoned payphone. Other than that, communication was reserved for spontaneous visits or planned "dates." Tenko was so cute.

"Who's that from?" Aki asked, appearing out of nowhere as he often did.

"My boyfriend," You said with pride. You folded the note back up and tucked it into your bag. You planned on treasuring it.

"Oh," Aki seemed surprised. "I'd love to meet him!" You chuckled nervously. "Mind if I join you?" You had hoped upon finding out you had a boyfriend, Aki would be less enthusiastic to insist on walking you home. You had tried almost every polite way of getting him to leave you alone. You didn't respond to his question, and Aki took that as permission to walk with you. Luckily, the trip home didn't take very long.

"Um, this is an awkward question," Aki began carefully, "but can I use your bathroom?"

"Yeah, of course," You sighed in relief. Up the stairs and to the right, you unlocked the door and let Aki inside. Most mornings, you forgot to set the alarm, so disarming it was hardly a concern. Even after six months, little things like that still slipped your mind.

"It's right there," You pointed to the bathroom door. Aki thanked you. You opened your phone, briefly checking to see if there had been any security alerts. With a huff, you placed your phone onto the counter without bothering to turn it off, praying Aki had a train to catch so he wouldn't stay. Your mind started to wander and you began to think about what you were going to have for dinner. You walked to your bedroom, beginning to change out of your stuffy work clothes.

"Thank you again!" Aki called out once he left the bathroom. "You've been very kind to me."

"Really, it's nothing!" You told him. Once in something more comfortable, you returned to find Aki awkwardly standing in the kitchen. He was silent, a jittery look on his face. You wondered what made him so jumpy all of a sudden. Before you could ask about it, Aki broke the tension-filled silence,

"Have you seen Shigaraki since the night you escaped?"

( ᴍᴇᴀɴᴡʜɪʟᴇ. . . )

His eyes combed over the picture sitting on his desk near his PC. It was the only picture he had of you. Well, the only picture where you were looking at the camera and aware a photo was being taken of you. With a sigh, Tenko tried to focus. He considered moving the photograph, seeing as how every time it caught his eye he got distracted. Whether he was playing a game or doing important villainous research, any time a flicker of your memory entered his mind, it consumed him.

It was funny really. When he was with you, he felt normal. But whenever you were apart he felt like he was losing the slivers of sanity he had left. It certainly didn't help that Tenko's job had unique and demanding hours. If he worked a nine-to-five just like you did, it would make spending time together much easier. In the meantime, he was stuck in his poorly-lit room to rake over confidential files.

While in thought, his eyes bounced around his room. When they landed on the Nintendo gaming system he cherished, his train of thought was once again derailed by images of you. He remembered the first night you played video games together; how your eyes lit up when you got competitive, when you sarcastically called him sweetheart, and how he was shattered when you shut him out again.

Your lifestyles were so different--your lives were so different. Yet somehow, you wanted to be together regardless of how unconventional that togetherness would have to be. Tenko wondered if it was possible for your relationship to ever be uncomplicated. If there was, he was going to find it.

ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ. . .