05

ᴘᴀʀᴛ ꜰɪᴠᴇ:

[ "ɢᴀɴɢ ᴏʀᴄᴀ ʀᴇꜱᴘᴏɴꜱɪʙʟᴇ ꜰᴏʀ 6 ɴᴇᴡ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴ ᴀʀʀᴇꜱᴛꜱ, 2 ʜᴏꜱᴘɪᴛᴀʟɪᴢᴇᴅ!"  ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ. . .

Tenko slouched in his chair as he carefully fiddled with the deck of cards that sat in front of him on the table. He glanced at the clock, wondering when he could leave. Though it was an important meeting, Tenko was only half paying attention. His mind was focused on something else, well, someone else. In particular, the woman he was in love with: you. He was serious when he said he wanted to kill your co-worker. If he happened to mysteriously disappear, Tenko knew you would be able to put the pieces together.

Part of Tenko's brain thought it would be better if he put you back in his basement... but he knew how you felt about that. If he killed your co-worker or forced you somewhere against your will, you'd hate him just like everyone else did. That thought scared him.

You were the only person who made him feel like he wasn't crazy. Being around you made him feel like he had something and he was so used to having nothing. When he was with you, he felt normal. Sane. The last thing he wanted was to lose that; to lose you.

"You look great today, (L/n)!" Aki greeted you with a grin. Over the past few days, it has become crystal clear that Aki was interested in you. It was awkward, to say the least. As complicated as it was, you were fully committed to your relationship with Tenko. Being with Aki was mundane and normal. Those were two feelings you were all too familiar with. Being with Tenko was different, though. You found someone who made you feel important. Special.

"What was it like?" Aki asked curiously. "Being with The Leauge of Villains?" You sighed.

"It was horrible," You stated, not interested in expanding upon the events.

"What was their leader like? Shigaraki?" Aki pressed. You took a deep breath and forced a smile.

"He wasn't how I thought he would be," You answered honestly. "Can we change the subject, please? I-I don't like to talk about it."

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Aki exclaimed, instantly backing down. "I should've known, I completely understand. I'm sorry again."

"It's okay, don't sweat it," You told him with a forced smile.

"I mean, villains don't just let hostages go," Aki explained, chatty as ever. "Sorry, this case just interests me." Something about his tone felt off. You ignored the feeling for the time being.

"It's not much of a case anymore," You stated, shrugging your shoulders. "But the only thing I find remotely interesting is the motive." Aki quirked an eyebrow.

"Motive?" Aki wondered aloud. "I hadn't really thought of that!" Now it was your turn to raise a brow.

"You hadn't considered why a villain might do what they do?" You asked seriously.

"What they do is break the law, does it really matter why?" Aki questioned with a small laugh. You failed to answer. Aki was naive, to say the least. You speculated if anyone else had your co-worker's mindset. Some heroes must have stopped to think about why villains have it out for them... right?

ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ. . .