ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ,

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ-ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ. . .

The cloth didn't sting, the warm water was soothing your aches. The last of the dried blood and sweat was cleaned off and Tenko put the washcloth aside. Your mind was blank, shock still rendering you wordless. Your eyes were glued to the water of the bath you sat in, unable to bring yourself to look anywhere else. He tucked a strand of your wet hair behind your ear.

"Do you feel better?" Tenko asked sweetly. He hoped what little he could do would make you feel safer. You were not hurt badly, your wounds would heal in a few weeks' time. Tenko prayed what you saw wouldn't make you look at him differently. His anger got the better of him when he killed those people, but he wasn't sorry.

"A little," You mumbled. Tenko helped you dry off and change into some of his clothes. He knew he couldn't take you back to your home, it would be a crime scene by now. He sat you down on his bed.

"I'm gonna take a shower now, okay?" Tenko kissing the top of your head before walking back to the bathroom. You pulled your knees to your chest. Your life was gone now. You weren't sure when you were going to be able to see your family or friends again. Yet, you weren't upset about leaving most of it behind. Confessing what they claimed were your crimes made you realize just how much you agreed with the man who loved you.

All you heard growing up was how amazing heroes were; how every kid wanted to be one or work as close as possible to one. That was all you knew and somewhere along the way, you must have convinced yourself that you wanted it too. Before you knew it, Tenko was back and softly hugging you. You wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him close.

"Can I stay with you?" You asked.

"You can stay forever," Tenko said. He pulled back just a little. He kissed you softly. His hands held your tear-stained face as your lips met. Your eyes fluttered closed, the electrifying feeling left you scrambling for any coherent thought that distracted you from him.

Your legs felt weak, but it didn't matter. You fell against Tenko as he held your waist. You never wanted that moment to end. You in his arms, your arms around his neck, getting to kiss him gently; it was perfect.

"I love you," You said for the first time.

"I love you too," Tenko said without missing a beat. "And I promise I'll never let anything bad happen to you ever again."

It started with you and that's how it would end. He would never forget that feeling in his chest, though. It was his first time he was ever in love and it was with you. You; the caring yet strong companion he fell in love with. And he was going to love you for the rest of his life.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ.