04

ꜱᴛᴇᴘ ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴇʀ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ,

[ "ꜱᴄɪᴇɴꜱᴇ ꜱʜᴏᴡꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴇʀ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ'ʟʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ, ꜱᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ꜱɪʟʟʏ!" ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ...

The pages of paper stacked together in a satisfying rectangle, but you were disgusted by its contents. You were ashamed that you had used your skills to help a villain in the name of your own survival. What were you going to tell the heroes once you were rescued--if you were rescued? Self-preservation was never one of your defining traits, at least, so you thought. Now, you were beginning to second-guess your very nature. At the start of the week, you were certain you would never betray your ideals. Almost ten days later, you were coming up with excuses to justify your behavior. You knocked on the door. A few moments later, Shigaraki opened it.

"I don't mean to bother you," You first clarified, gesturing with the papers you had in your hands. "I have the information you asked for." Shigaraki seemed a little surprised. He carefully took the file and briefly scanned through it. What you had managed to gather was twice as thorough and twice as fast then any file Shigaraki had made in the past. He realized now why you were the top researcher, and he was impressed.

"Thank you," He said, looking up to see your guilt-ridden expression. It was then that Shigaraki saw an opportunity to engage in step four of his plan. Shigaraki told you he had a question to ask, so you stayed to hopefully answer it.

"Do you know where there's a gate around cemeteries?" Shigaraki asked, and you shook your head. "Because people are dying to get in." You were at a loss for words. Did he just try to make a joke? Surely not. If so, he must have been capable of coming up with something better. Shigaraki felt uncomfortable in the silence created by your lack of laughter. You saw how tense he became and you felt bad. Why did you feel bad?

"What do you call a lying noodle?" You asked with a tired sigh. "An im-pasta." Shigaraki chuckled. Not because your joke was funny, but because you tried to make him feel better. You cursed your oversized heart. Your empathy had never caused you trouble before now. The last thing you wanted was to befriend the leader of The League of Villains. Yet, you still felt terrible leaving him dejected and discouraged.

"Yours was better," Shigaraki admitted. He found it strange how you've done this twice now. You were so willing to try and make him feel better. You were so willing to be a good person. Even in a life-threatening and traumatizing situation, you held true to what you believed; not the idealist heroism, but in the good of others.

"Oh, I know," You chuckled, hugging your torso gently. When Shigaraki heard you laugh, he felt his heart malfunction. It tripped over itself, or, at least that's how it felt in his chest. Your laugh was nice. He panicked, feeling like he was in the middle of having a heart attack.

"Thank you again," Shigaraki said, somewhat rushed. "I'll have your next assignment shortly." Shigaraki backed up and closed the door. He retreated into his bedroom, leaving you to return to yours. Shigaraki's mind raced. Why did his heart skip a beat like that? Was he poisoned? He was too young to be having an actual heart attack, but he felt overheated and like his heart was twitching.

It was because you were an angel. Shigaraki realized something horrible: he had a crush on you. You were the sweetest person he had ever met. You were incredibly intelligent. You were a pretty young woman who was naive in her blind kindness. You were tough, too, capable of not breaking under the pressure he put you under. He had gross, innocent, and lovely feelings for the researcher he was forcing to stay down the hall. The plan just changed. His reasons for winning you over were now two-fold: one, Shigaraki wanted you to join him so he could bring the heroes to their knees. And two...

Shigaraki wanted you to fall in love with him.

ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ...