03

ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ:

[ "ᴍɪʀᴋᴏ ᴀɪᴅꜱ ɪɴ ᴅʀᴜɢ ʀᴀɪᴅ, 3 ᴀʀʀᴇꜱᴛᴇᴅ!"  ]

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ. . .

A fresh breeze drifted into the apartment. You had opened a window as you tidied up some clutter in your apartment. Usually, you tried to use your weekends wisely. Keyword being tried. You hoped to get some productive done before Tenko arrived as he normally did on the weekends. Your phone buzzed and then there was a knock at the door. You knew the notification was from your security system, so you opened the door.

"Hey, (L/n)!" Benjiro Aki greeted you with a big smile. "Sorry for dropping in so all of a sudden!" You chuckled nervously, forcing a smile.

"What are you doing here?" You asked. You tried your best to be polite, but with Tenko's arrival due at any minute, you needed Aki to leave.

"I was just in the neighborhood, thought I'd say hi!" Aki explained as he stepped inside your home. You kept the awkward smile plastered on your face.

"Oh, that's very... " You paused, attempting to hide your discomfort. "That's very nice." Aki looked around at your apartment, still grinning. He looked to be overly interested in every piece of useless decor you had acquired over the years.

"Your place really suits you!" Aki cheered, looking at you with a sparkle in his eyes.

"Thank you," You said, though your tone indicated it was more of a question.

"Yes, it was a compliment!" Aki assured you with a laugh. Your co-worker was friendly, outgoing, sweet, and cheerful. However, he seemed to lack a proper understanding of boundaries. He also seemed to be oblivious to other's comfort levels. He walked around like a kid in a candy store. You wondered how Aki got your address to begin with.

Aki went on about the weather, which had taken a turn for the better recently. You listened half-heartedly. You were looking over your shoulder, carefully eyeing the normal entrances Tenko snuck through to get in. Your nerves spiked when you saw him climbing through the window you left open.

"Hi," Tenko said with a smile once he was fully inside. You rushed over to him, grabbing his shirt with a hasty,

"Shh!" You whispered. "You have to be quiet." You pulled Tenko through the living room swiftly. You peered down the hall, Aki was in the kitchen. You sneakily ushered the villain across the hall and into the nearest room; the bathroom.

"But that's just what I think," Aki said at the end of a sentence you hadn't caught. "What do you think, (L/n)?"

"Uh, I actually agree with you!" You called out to him and Aki laughed again. Tenko cautiously grabbed your arm before you left the bathroom. He wore an irritated expression.

"Who is that?" Tenko asked in a whisper.

"Just a co-worker," You explained in the same volume. "He didn't tell me he was coming, I had no idea he knew where I lived." Tenko grit his teeth as you left the bathroom, closing the door behind you. Aki saw you suddenly appear in the kitchen next to him, clearing your throat.

"You know, I'm sorry," You began, trying to be friendly, "but now it's really a great time." His carefree expression dropped, morphing into a concerned look. Aki moved closer to you.

"Are you not feeling well?" Aki inquired, reaching out to press the back of his hand against your forehead. You nodded your head, moving away from his unwanted touch.

"Not well at all," You lied through your teeth. "I-I think I should just lay down and rest."

"Okay, I'll let you do that," Aki stated with a sympathetic smile on his face. "I hope you feel better soon, (L/n)." Aki walked to the front door, leaving you alone. "Just give me a call if you need anything!" You heard the sound of the front door opening and then closing. You exhaled a sigh of relief. Tenko too heard this and emerged from the bathroom, the same frustrated look he wore earlier still present.

"Can I kill him?" Tenko asked, protectively wrapping his arms around your waist.

"No," You told him sternly. He only tightened his grip, placing his chin atop your shoulder.

"Just a little?" He wondered aloud.

"How do you kill someone just a little?"

ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ. . .