73 - The Tree of Life

After they were sent to their accommodation, Cole and Celia just ate a number of fruits that were served to them, and just medidate after. He knew that Tree of Life are very important to them more than their life, so he knew that it might take a little longer before they will be asked to help because in the first place, they are still a strangers. They don't want the mice to approach their grain, right?

And so, to avoid wasting time, they'll just use this time to cultivation.

It was only two hours later that Harold came back to the room and inform them that they were called.

Cole nodded while they follow him into a big hall, seems like the throne room as at the front was a beautiful chair made of some kind of magical wood, and there's a mature, wise woman elf that was sitting on it. She's probably the current leader of this Elf Clan, their Matriarch.

The room were also full of other Elves, might be the higher ups of the clan. And as expected of the elves, all of the present one all have their own unique kind of beauty, be it the ladies or the men.

"We are sorry for the long wait, kind gentleman." The female elf that's sitting on the throne said after they arrived at the middle of the hall.

"Its not a problem and I understand why you made us wait."

A smile appear on the Matriach's beautiful face, "Thank you for understanding,"

Cole shake his head, "It's normal that your on guard of me."

The Matriarch nodded her head to Cole, "The Tree of Life is sacred to us Elves, it's very important to us. This fact is already known to all intelligent creatures, so I'm very thankful for your kind understanding."

Although the Matriarch of Elves just repeat her gratitude to Cole for his understanding, it must be known that they were the one who needed his help. It was already presumptuous of them to make him and even doubt his good intention. Must be this kind gentleman got offended by their action, they don't know how long they have to wait for others.

However, eventhough they were wrong, they can't just expose easily the heart of their clan to outsiders. In addition, eventhough they can't perceive some kind of bad intention from Cole with their innate talent like of spirits, there were many people who was very skilled on restraining their soul.

Fortunately, this kind gentleman understand their current situation.

Even the other who's very doubtful and guarded to Cole because he's a stranger, look at him more lighter.

"Warrior Harold already told us that you'll help us identify the problem of our Tree of Life. This is really shameful that us can't even identify the problem of our holy tree." The Matriarch said.

Cole just nodded and choose not to ask any further eventhough he also wonder why the elves can't identify the problem they were facing, after all, this tree is the center of their life and civilization. If there's a problem on their holy tree, they should be the one the first to know.

However, he knew that he's in no position to ask this kind of sensitive topic. He's just an recruited help, in a sense, their his employer.

Everyone on the side of the elves saw the confusion on Cole's face and a grim expression can't help but surface. Still, they silently tacitly agreed not to tell. That certain information might make their clan got annihilate if got leaked.

"Since you already know and understand that we can't just make a stranger approach our holy tree, can we ask of how you'll identify the problem?" The Matriarch asked.

A general information of Tree of Life might be circulated in the world but deeper and sensitive information are not as it was guarded to the extreme by the elves. It's unbelievable if he'll said that he read it from some books or scriptures.