30 - Ricky on the Spotlight

This was the first time the Five Element Sect do a mass recruitment. Normally, the quota for their recruit were just 50 person, 100 at the best if there is many geniuses. They certainly didn't have a history of recruiting 300 disciples at one go. Afterall, they may be a big sect but their resources is still limited. If the demand of the resources overran the supply, then problem would definitely arise.

Why this youths wanted to enter their sect? For resources, of course.

Talent is the most important for cultivators. If someone wasn't talented enough, then they'll probably won't reach the greater heights even with the help of resources and natural treasures.

The second most important for cultivators too were resources. Pills, weapons, techniques... Those were the things cultivators needed. Pills hasten and aid their cultivation, weapon and techniques were needed for their self protection.

Without this resources, no matter how talented they were, their advancement would slow down and be left behind, become mediocre and stepping stone for others. And for those genius with their 'genius' pride, they definitely want to be the one to step the others than to be stepping stone for the others.

As for Elder Three, he can't help but sigh. Those examined youths were definitely a good seeds but... they weren't enough. They'll probably become a problem for the sect than to help them to their current predicament.

Unfortunately, the sect can't just stop the recruitment halfway or their reputation would definitely go down the drain. And for sect like them, reputation were very important or they'll face various consequences like geniuses would definitely not enter their sect. Should that happen, then their sect would definitely cease to exist.

However, when Elder Three saw what transpired in Cole's turn, he got happy. First and foremost, he was the one who personally checked those Stones before they were used in the test to avoid disaster such what happened. So he knew that the reason the stone didn't glow immediately wasn't because it was defective but the kid definitely got a secret!

And since he was an elder of the sect, he got plenty of experience and the moment the stone didn't glow immediately, he instantly got a suspicion; and that is the kid had a high probability that he's a dual affinited cultivator.

Dual affinities!

It was already remarkable that the kid achieved Fourth-Level of Mana Gathering Stage with his current age, however, he's definitely a genius of a genius if he's truly a dual affinity person.

It was known that ranking up of dual affinity cultivator were much harder since they had to practice two elements. For instance, this other examinee had an average strength of Sixth-Level Mana Gathering Stage but their age were already at twenties and they all are single affinity. However, this kid were at Fourth-Level Mana Gathering Stage at his age of 16.

What about his other affinity? What's it level? What if the time he used to strengthening his other affinity were used at his Wind Energy? What level could it be?

Elder Three look at Cole as if he saw a treasure at the pile of trash.

And while Elder Three were checking Cole, Ricky, whom the elder doesn't have much hope for, touch the Strength Testing Stone and shone brightly!

This...

Elder Three look at the stone like a dumb. Even his mouth were agaped in shock. Fortunately, he was quite far from the crowd or his image would definitely be ruin.

Of course, this wasn't the first time the stone shine this bright, however, the shocking thing wasn't just his level, his age too! He's so young!

Mimicking what the others do before him, Ricky also touch the Boneage Testing Stone without the instruction of the examiner. And like the Strength Testing Stone, the Boneage Testing Stone also shone a yellow color but this time, the glow wasn't much brighter.