31 - Combat Battle Test

Next day, the Flat Mountain peak were once again bustling with people. All the youth participants were full of vigor and battle intent as this was the indicator if they'll be a magnificent dragon soaring in the sky or just be a insignificant worm crawling beneath the earth. This should be their life's turning point.

As for Cole, well his... bored. It was already two hours since they arrived here and the third part of the test didn't start yet. He just blamed the three who doesn't want to be late.

Unfortunately, he can't kill his time waiting with meditation, since the activity doesn't become his habit yet. Fortunately, he doesn't need to meditate to strengthen his cultivation since he was able to level up with the exp he received after he defeated, or kill, his opponents. Besides, with how loud the surrounding are, he doubt he could concentrate and meditate.

Minutes later, as if his boredom were heard, Elder Three finally appear.

He then started, "We will now start the third and last part of the disciple recruitment test, the combat battle test." He paused and give a glance the whole crowd. "In a while, we will raise a ten stage as a battle platform. As for the rules, it's simple. Defeat a two opponents with the same level with yours without rest, or one opponent with one level higher than yours and you'll be qualified to enter the Five Element Sect."

The crowd remain silent after they heard the mechanism for the next test. The rules may look simple and easy but in reality, it wasn't. That was because everyone here are geniuses on their own way. It's true that from where they come from they defeated number of opponents in their level and one higher than them but all of those were... mediocre. Everyone's cultivation here were all firm, and their techniques were definitely not normal but rare and strong and have been polished and trained by them to perfection. Winning might not be as easy as it may seem.

Seeing the crowds different responds and expression, Elder Three nodded his head. His purpose wasn't to crumble their will but to check their resolved. Talents and resources wasn't just the most important thing for the cultivators but their resolve also. They shouldn't think of the bumps on the road but move forward courageously instead.

"In addition, base on your individual performance, we'll also give additional rewards. For instance, the qualification was just to defeat two opponents within your level, however, if you managed to defeat another one, or more..." he suspended and look at the more hyped crowd. "...then we'll add either additional pills or more precious techniques."

Woah!
Additional pills?!
More precious techniques?!

Elder Three look at the motivated crowd. He nodded his head in approval. However, when his sight stop on a particular person, his smile stiffen. This person doesn't look motivated but look at him seriously instead.

The person who looked at Elder Three and give the old man a chill is Cole.

Cole shakes his head inwardly. He felt that those rewards wasn't just a reward but also part of the screening. The longer the person battle, the more energy and stamina they will spend. For those who win and pass the test will be alright but those who are defeated... their chance to pass will get slimmer and slimmer.

Geniuses will standout while mediocre will be left behind.

It is true that Sects were a good backer and a treasure trove of resources but they also have their own rules and qualifications. Afterall, they will use their inheritance and resources, so the Sect have to make sure that those will use them were geniuses among geniuses. They definitely can't waste their resources to mediocre and those with limited future.

Besides, the Sect have better and wider horizon than these youths. They maybe geniuses in this part of the continent but in the real world... They were as common as grass on the road.