Stella & The Family

Chapter 11

The airport feels especially crowded when paparazzi are trying to snap your photo from outside every second. Here I was at JFK International getting ready to board a flight with Julius to the Bahamas. We still weren't speaking, having neither of us said a word to each other the drive here.

I didn't know the reason he wasn't speaking to me, nor did I care. You could say I was being stubborn for not forgiving him and getting over it. But I didn't want to get over it. It was disrespectful and I can't forget how I felt at the party when it happened. And overall I'm just tired of him. First, he kisses me and then flirts with Josie in front of me.

But not that I care though!

So here we were, both mad at each other but holding hands as we walked through JFK and away from the press. After going through everything we needed to we were finally boarding the plane. I had learned from my mother that the others were already in the Bahamas and Julius and I were the last to arrive. This was mainly due to Julius's work schedule, as well as mine.

First-class was always nice, especially for long flights. The flight to Nassau was going to take approximately 4 hours from New York. Currently, it was early in the afternoon, meaning we would get there around evening time.

Our seats were next to each other in a private, yet spacious way. The rest of the plane seemed sealed off from us as we took our seats. I sat in mine and immediately reclined the chair back to relax. I was already tired from the long day I had prior and wanted nothing more than to sleep through the flight.

I sit back in my chair and relax, turning to my side so that I'm not facing Julius. I pull out my phone and start scrolling as we wait for the plane to take off. It was silent between us until the plane finally got off the ground and we made our way to the Bahamas.

An hour into the flight and we still had not said a word to each other. I turned on a movie and snuggled into my covers as I attempted to fall asleep. As my eyes are starting to flutter closed, I feel someone tap my leg. I look over to see Julius looking at me with his arms crossed. I take off my headphones, "What?"

"We need to resolve this before we get to the beach house." He says.

I sit up in my seat, "Resolve what? I'm perfectly fine see?" I say as I smile wide at him.

He shakes his head, "You're mad at me, I'm mad at you."

I scoff, "What are you mad at me for? I didn't do anything."

"You are extremely difficult Stella. How dare you throw a three thousand dollar bracelet at me?" He asks irritatedly.

I laugh, "How dare I? Like this." I pull a hair tie off of my wrist and throw it at him. It lands on his lap as I look at him smugly. He takes a deep breath before turning to me. "I don't know what you want from me." He says calmly.

"I want you to leave me alone."

He ignores my comment, "I've tried to apologize to you. You refuse to talk to me about anything, ever." He sighs as he lays back against his seat, "You keep pushing me away Stella, we're supposed to be working together."

"Shouldn't have had your tongue down her throat." I mumble. He turns to me tiredly, "I didn't! God, will you let it fûcking go? If you want us to turn this plane back around and announce to everyone we're through then just say that!" He exclaims, truly tired of my shit.