Stella & The New Plan

Chapter 18

It was party time.

Yay.

I had spent the days leading up to the party at the new condo. I couldn't stand to be under the same roof as my father. I slowly started moving my things in to make it easier to go and come for work. Julius knew I was here and would be moving in after the party.

It had seemed that Julius was over what he was mad about before, but we kept communication minimal. I hadn't talked to him about anything my dad told me. I wanted to give myself some time to sit with the new information I had learned, we were going to have plenty of time to talk when he moved in.

I picked the master bedroom for myself and the other bedroom was next door. The condo was really nice and quite spacious, I wouldn't have minded it if it wasn't going to be my prison.

But today was the day of Julius's birthday party. He texted me everything I'd need to know in regards to it days before. His parents had been sure to invite lots of press to clean up any speculation about us separating. So we both had to be on our best behavior.

It was Saturday morning and I was just laying in bed thinking about the day ahead of me. I enjoyed living alone. I could do almost anything I wanted and no one was around to tell me not to.

I got out of the king-sized bed and walked over to the bedroom. Since it was late May, the weather was starting to get very warm. I slept with an oversized t-shirt but the weather in the apartment was also warm.

I brushed my teeth and threw off the t-shirt before putting on a cropped sweater and walking to the kitchen. It felt exciting to walk around the house without pants. And nobody was around to see.

I turned on some music as I looked around the kitchen for something to eat. I hummed along to Rihanna as her music played from the kitchen speaker. I grabbed some eggs from the fridge before cracking them into the frying pan.

I turned the music up as I lightly dance around the kitchen. I felt so relaxed, I should've moved out ages ago!

"Well happy birthday to me." A voice says suddenly. I turn toward the direction of the front door and Julius stood there with a smirk on his face, his eyes scanning my body.

"Julius!" I exclaim grabbing a kitchen towel to cover my body. "Why are you covering up? I've seen you in a bikini." He laughs.

He was right but I was still surprised to see him. "What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"I came to see you."

"Then knock?"

"It's my place too. And I wasn't expecting you to be dancing around the kitchen half-naked. Although I don't mind." He says as he winks at me.

I roll my eyes before turning off the stove, "I'll be back." I grab my t-shirt from earlier and put it on before coming back into the kitchen. I turn off the music and continue my cooking. "So what is it?" I ask him.

He sighs as he sits back against the couch, "My father has arranged for us to talk to Hollywood Weekly tonight at the party."

I groan as I stir the pancake mix, "Is that necessary? Can't we just smile and wave?"

He chuckles as he shakes his head, "We just need to answer any questions they have, look good together, the usual."

I sigh and nod, "Alright."

He relaxes on the couch as I prep breakfast. It felt weird to have him here, but I was going to have to get used to it. I could feel his eyes on me as I poured the pancake batter into the frypan.