Stella & The Bonfire

Chapter 13

Julius and I ended up spending a long time at the beach with Jerrell and the others. And to my surprise, I am having a lot of fun on this trip. More than I had ever imagined I would. Maybe Julius wasn't as bad as I made him out to be after all.

When we got back to the house from the beach it was about mid-afternoon. Julius and I ended up taking a nap after washing up and now it was nearing dinner time once again.

"Wanna see my favorite part of the house?" Julius asks suddenly as we watch tv in the lounge. I shrug, "Sure." He pauses the tv before standing up and reaching out his hand for me to grab. I do and he leads me outside toward the back.

We start walking through lots of leafy trees and the grass beneath me is moist. The sun was setting and it felt like we had been walking forever. I wasn't even sure if we were still on the property. "Are we in a forest or something?" I ask as I push leaves out of my way.

"We're almost there."

After pushing some bushes out of the way Julius reveals a small infinity pool area and shows the view of the beach and the trees surrounding the estate. The sunset looked beautiful from here and I stare in awe. "Beautiful isn't it?" He says staring out at the view.

I nod, "What part of the house are we in?" I ask as I look around.

"Near the hill, it's a closed off area."

I nod again as I walk over toward the pool. I wasn't dressed to swim. I was wearing the t-shirt and shorts I wore during my nap. I sat down at the entrance of the pool and put my feet in. The tropical climate made the temperature warm, even as it was nearing nighttime. Julius took a seat beside me, casting his feet in the water as we look out at the magnificent scenery.

"You know, you're not as bad as I thought." I admit as we sit. He chuckles, "You're not as cold as you were when I first met you."

"The tropical weather defrosted me." I joke in response and he laughs. We watch the sunset in silence, just enjoying the beautiful setting. "Your family's really nice." I comment.

He nods, "For the most part, we have our occasional problems like all families though."

"Yeah but you guys seem to all get along. Your mother adores you and your dad seems to be proud of you."

"I can say the same for you. Your parents are proud of you, they both seem very caring."

I scoff, "Yeah right."

He furrows his brows, "You don't get along with them?" He asks.

"I'm surprised you didn't notice."

"As I said before, I'm too busy staring at you." He jokes.

I shove him gently as he laughs, "Shut up."

"I get along with my mom though," I continue, "I've just never seen eye to eye with my dad. About anything."

"Have you guys ever talked about it?" He asks.

I shake my head, "There's nothing to talk about."

He was silent and we continued to watch the sun as it slowly started disappearing into the water. Julius suddenly pulls his shirt from his body and casts it to the side before getting into the pool in just his shorts. "What are you doing we didn't bring swimwear?" I ask as I laugh at him.