Stella & The Birthday Boy

Chapter 19

The Ashford's had truly gone all out for Julius's birthday party this year. The outside of the venue itself was gorgeous and beautifully lit up. Paparazzi were scattered outside the building trying to get pictures of various guests.

After getting through the flashing camera lights, we enter the venue. The setup inside was gorgeous. The room lit up with light blue lights and a beautiful golden chandelier hung above the dance floor. The venue had two levels, and the upper level held seats for people to dine and look down at the people dancing. A giant screen that read 'Happy Birthday Julius' hung at the top of the stage behind the Dj.

The ceiling was high and several buffet tables were set up with appetizers and treats, as well as a bar in the upper area. There was even a hologram of Julius near the entrance greeting guests, which in my opinion seemed extremely unnecessary.

There were already plenty of guests when the two of us arrived at the top of the venue, looking down at all the party-goers. "Ready?" He asks. I nod and he leads me down the stairs to join the crowd of guests.

"Julius!" A man greets us as he approaches us at the end of the stairs. His skin was dark and he had a fresh haircut, as well as two white diamond earrings on his pierced ears. His friend behind him had light caramel skin, curly hair, and thick brows. He follows the man and Julius smiles at them. "Gabriel, Johnny, glad to see you could make it." Julius says as he shakes both their hands.

"Of course! We had to meet the wonderful woman who was able to tame the great Julius Ashford." The man says as his eyes move over to me. "And now I see how, you are gorgeous." He flirts.

I give the man a fake smile before shaking his hand, "Stella Harris, pleased to meet you." The man smirks, "Johnny Williams, and the pleasure is all mine." He reaches my hand up to bring it to his lips but Julius intervenes, separating our hands. "That's enough Johnny." His tone was stern.

Johnny chuckles, "I was joking Jules." He winks at me as the other man hits his arm. "I'm Gabriel Santiago, sorry for my friend." The curly-haired man says as he shakes my hand.

I nod, "It's okay, nice to meet you."

"I'll catch up with you guys later." Julius says as he leads me away from the two men. I chuckle as we walk away and Julius raises an eyebrow at me. "What's so funny?"

I shake my head, "They're exactly the type of guys I pictured you'd be friends with."

"Stella!" A voice calls out from behind before Julius can respond. We turn around and Penny is rushing over to us with Hailey and Jerrell behind her. I smile as I hug her. "It's so great to see you again!" I say truthfully.

"Look who's back together again." Jerrell says jokingly as he approaches with Hailey on his arm. I hug Hailey as Jerrell gives his cousin a birthday punch. "We never broke up." Julius says as his hand snakes around my waist.

"I heard you guys weren't talking to each other after the 'incident'." Penny says as she air quotes the word.

I chuckle, "We're fine now, everything's good." I assure them.

"Julius!" Another voice says from behind us. We turn around and Mrs. Ashford was approaching us with a short woman with a microphone and a cameraman. "Uh oh, we'll be over there." Jerrell says as the three of them walk toward the dessert table.

"Tessa Milano with Hollywood Weekly, how are you enjoying the party birthday boy?" She asks as she points a microphone at Julius. I smile widely as Julius speaks, "I'm having a great time so far. It's nice to see all my friends and family that came out tonight."