Stella & The Coffee Shop

Chapter 5

I was still in shock from the events that had happened two days ago. I hadn't spoken to Julius since he had kissed me and spent a majority of my time out of the house avoiding my parents. I didn't want to talk about the marriage or talk about Julius. I felt overwhelmed and not at all in control of anything.

I was hiding out at my favorite coffee shop down the street from my house. I sipped on my mocha cappuccino as I read a book. The coffee shop's atmosphere was calming as soft music played in the background. The sound of people chatting quietly and the aroma of coffee always brought me peace when I came here.

Suddenly the calming environment was ruined by the sound of commotion as someone entered the shop. "I'll come back out for more questions after I grab my coffee!" A voice shouts cheerfully as a group of paparazzi snap photos aggressively. I look up to see Josephine entering the coffee shop, wearing a full fur coat and boots. I hide behind my book hoping she doesn't notice me in the corner. But of course, she does.

"Stella!" She calls out happily as she walks toward me, her heels clicking against the ground.

I smile, "Josie!" We give each other air kisses before she takes a seat in front of me.

"Why am I not surprised to see you here? I mean it is your favorite shop." She says as she removes her coat.

"And I recall you saying that you hated this place?" I ask putting my book on the table.

She nods, "I do, but paparazzi have been extra aggressive today. This just happened to be the closest shop to me."

I look out the window to where the crowd of paparazzi were awaiting Josie's arrival outside. "Why are there so many?" I ask in confusion. Usually, we had a couple of paparazzi take our picture every now and then, but this was Justin Bieber level.

She smiles brightly, "My reality show got picked up! We're starting production as soon as I get back to California. And we might shoot some here!"

"Really? That's great! So that explains the paparazzi."

She nods, "I think I'll be needing to hire more security."

"Are you sure you're ready to enter that kind of life? You'll never have any privacy." I ask her.

She nods eagerly, "This is what I've always wanted! Finally, all eyes will be on me. And they'll also be on you too Mrs. Ashford." She says with a smirk.

"What are you referring to Ms. Adams?" I ask with my brow quirked in confusion.

"I heard about your big engagement party. And I heard about it online and not from you!" She whines.

"I'm sorry. I just haven't really been in the mood about all that. Of course, you're invited if that's what you're worried about." I assure her. She nods, "Good because It's been the talk of the town since it was announced and I'm sure paparazzi will be there. Need as much publicity as I can get."

Once again my face shows confusion, "How is it already the talk of the town? I just learned about the party on Friday."

She shrugs, "Invites were sent out Saturday. That's when my parents got theirs."

"Your parents got invites?" I ask.

She nods, "Were you not in charge of making the invite list?"

"When is the party?" I ask her ignoring her question. She pulls out her phone, "Saturday, April 3rd. So this coming Saturday."

I gasp, "How could he not consult me first?" I ask angrily. I pull out my phone and bring up his contact before hesitating.

"Ooh trouble in paradise?" Josie teases. "Can I add it to my show? I'll call the camera crew right now." She asks.