Stella & The Prick

Chapter 27

Scandalous Chapter :)

I hated the flashing lights of the paparazzi. You could hardly see anything as they tried to blind you to try to get a good picture.

Thankfully Julius was very used to them and held me securely as we entered the venue for the launch party.

It was once again another huge, beautifully decorated venue. High ceilings and tall glass windows surrounded us, as reserved tables with names were scattered around accordingly. Julius and I found our seats near the front, by the small stage. There were eight chairs per table, the seats already filled by our parents, and two others remained empty.

"Stella darling! So good to see you." Mrs. Ashford says excitedly as we approach the table. She stands up as I hug her and she looks me over, "This dress is gorgeous on you!" She compliments.

"Thank you Mrs. Ashford. It's great to see you again." I say with a smile. I look over to the others at the table, "Mr. Ashford. Father." I greet. I notice the seat beside my father empty. "Is mom not here?" I ask.

My father nods, "Restroom. Julius, it's nice to see you again."

Julius nods, "Always a pleasure." He says curtly. There was some tension before he smiled down at his mother and hugged her.

We finally take our seats at the table as the event begins. My mother appears with a smile on her face and I get up to hug her before sitting back down again.

"Good evening everyone." A man greets us as he approaches our table. The short light skin man had a thin blonde woman on his arm.

Mr. Ashford smiles, "Ah yes Ratliff, how good of you to join us. Who is your guest?" He asks.

The thin blonde woman smiles, "Good evening, my name is Farah. Farah Lancer."

Ratliff nods, "Yes of Lancer Co."

"Nice to meet you Farah." Mrs. Ashford says with a smile.

Ratliff's eyes land on Julius, "Julius Ashford. It's been so long."

Julius gives a fake smile, "Too long Ratliff. I haven't seen you since the charity golf game."

Ratliff chuckles, "Ah yes, the one where you cheated."

"Says the man who bribed the scorekeeper."

"Ratliff you know Stella right? Julius's fiancé." Mr. Ashford says suddenly, trying to prevent the two from beginning to bicker.

Ratliff quirks his brows as he walks toward my side of the table. "I don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting. Hunter Ratliff." He says as he brings his hand out for me to shake. I smile before taking it, "Stella Harris, nice to meet you both."

"Your dress is beautiful." Farah compliments.

"Thank you. I love yours as well."

They take their seats across Julius and I as the event continues. Small talk erupted from every table after the presenters finished talking and dinner was being served.

"So Stella, what made you decide to marry this one? I've heard of your several failed attempts with other men." Ratliff asks.

I frown at his comment before placing a fake smile. "Julius and I connect differently." I say simply.

He chuckles, "Yes, I see that."

Julius's eyes narrow, "And what do you mean by that?"

He shakes his head, "Oh nothing. It's quite obvious what she's doing."