Playboy & The Truth

Chapter 34

Julius

I fucking blew it.

Of course I did. The best thing that has ever happened to me and I lost her because of a tiny stupid lie. Well, it wasn't a small lie, and I knew it. My actions were wrong and I have never regretted something so much.

To see her in so much pain and to know it was my fault? I grit my teeth, I wasn't entirely to blame. I looked up toward the stairs to where the root of our problem began.

Josephine.

I march back up the stairs to Stella's bedroom, where Josephine was icing her head. "What the hell is your problem? We had an agreement."

She smiles cynically, "You're lucky I didn't go to the press like the other one planned to. Does Stella know about that? What was her name? Oh, right you never bothered to ask!"

I glare at her, before looking at the men behind her trying to pick up the broken camera pieces. "Get out." I growl at them. They quickly stand up, leaving me in the room with Josie. "I was going to tell her about Kiely, and this too."

She quirks her brow, "Oh really when?"

"Certainly not on her fûcking birthday."

Josie scoffs, "Oh she'll get over it. It's not like she ever liked her birthday anyway." She stands up as she struts over to me, holding the ice pack against her head. "Now that the air is clear, maybe we can finally talk. You know our nights together were special." Her hand rests against my chest before I push her off.

"You're sick Josephine."

She chuckles, "So I've heard? Stella doesn't want you anymore Julius, there's no coming back from this." She cups her hand next to her mouth, "She hates liars." She says in a whisper.

I glare at her again, before heading toward the door."If any of this airs on your show, you will hear from my lawyers."

"Oh, I'm so scared!" She calls out as I leave the room.

I head down the stairs where the crowd of guests were still standing around very confused. "Julius, what happened?" My cousin Jerrell asks as I approach the bottom of the steps.

"I fucked up." I mutter as I go past him toward the kitchen. I grab my keys off the counter before brushing past everyone.

"Dude! Hold up!" Johnny calls out, with Gabriel behind him as I reach the front of the house again.

"I gotta catch up with her."

"Did she find out about Kiely?" Johnny asks.

"Worse, about Josephine." Both guys grimace as I sigh. "I really messed up. I should've just told her as soon as things got serious! I shouldn't have lied when she asked."

"Go tell her that, not us. Good luck dude." Gabriel says as he pats my shoulder sadly. I nod before hopping into my car and heading to the condo. I was speeding down the road desperate to make it before she leaves. Her last location was the condo before she stopped sharing it with me.

I got into the condo and it seemed to look as how I remembered it. "Stella!" I call out. But no response. I rush over to her room, where she had clearly been. Clothes were missing, broken glass on the ground, and the birthday present I had for her ripped to shreds. I looked at the torn photograph, the only legible piece being a photo of her head against my chest. The gold necklace and the diamond bracelet I had given her lay on the floor amongst the broken glass.

"Idiot!" I exclaim before tossing the slashed photo on the bed. I hit the wall out of anger before resting my forehead against it. I took a deep breath as a single tear fell from my eye.