Stella & The Stalker

Chapter 32

Julius had been acting extra suspicious lately. This could be because my birthday was tomorrow. Or it could be about the thing that needed fixing that he won't tell me about.

Regardless, it was driving me crazy.

Nothing much had happened after our big announcement. Julius was still the acting CEO, and I was still unemployed. But the press was having a field day with our news.

Wall Streets Favorite Couple Split for good?

Julius Ashford Heartbroken After Broken Engagement

Stella Harris Calls off Wedding After Cheating Scandal

None of it was true, but it was too late to stop them. I sigh as the headlines keep popping up on my computer screen.

"Welcome home." I mutter as I hear the front door open. I don't bother looking, he had come home every evening at this time.

I was partially mad that I was slowly turning into a stay-at-home wife. I spent most of my days cleaning the house and searching for jobs online. I was pretty sure my dad had blackballed me and that's why nobody was interested in hiring me.

"I brought dinner." He says as he places a bag on the counter. I look up to see him holding a bag of Chinese food in his hands. I smile at him as he shrugs off his suit jacket and grabs two forks for us.

"How's the job search going?" He asks as he hands me a food carton and fork.

I shake my head, "Still no luck."

"I'm sure you'll get something soon. You're Stella Harris."

I chuckle, "Yeah exactly, that's the problem. They know my name and they know my father."

"You really think he'd interfere with your job hunt?"

I sigh as I take a forkful of chow mein. "I don't doubt he would."

"Well look on the bright side, tomorrow's your birthday. Maybe you'll get some good fortune." He smirks as he hands me a fortune cookie.

"You are so cheesy." I laugh as I take the cookie from him. I crack it open and read the piece of paper. "Time is precious, but truth is more precious than time." I read aloud.

Julius quirks his brow, "Well then. Let me see mine." He opens his cookie and reads the note aloud. "An acquaintance of the past will affect you in the near future." He stares at the paper for a moment before furrowing his eyebrows and crumbling it up, "These fortunes are phony anyway."

"Says the man who believes in horoscopes." I chuckle as I put mine down on the coffee table.

"Horoscopes have never failed me." He takes a drink of his soda before speaking again, "Aren't you curious about what I have planned for your birthday tomorrow?"

I shrug, "You know I'm not really a big fan of my birthday."

"That's because you've never got to spend it with me. Be dressed by 6 pm tomorrow."

"Oh really? Where are we going?" I ask curiously.

He shakes his head, "It's a surprise. You'll just have to wait and see."

-

The next morning I woke up to something tickling my shoulder. "Julius." I say softly as I feel his lips trailing on my skin.