Stella & The Gelato

Chapter 26

Tonight was the big product launch party. But before that, there was a seminar to attend during the day. That's why I woke up to an empty bed this morning. Julius had left early this morning to attend the seminar. I was upset that I couldn't go, and also upset that I was once again alone.

Julius had been acting strangely, before last night. He has been a lot more distant ever since our little slumber party and I hated it. It made me wonder if I had done something, but when I asked yesterday he said we were fine.

We slept in the same bed, completely sober and it wasn't weird. So I guess that meant we were okay. Despite my stupid questions, last night was a lot of fun. It was in the moment and I was curious about how he might feel about me. I mean why would he want to continue being friends after this is over?

Why did I even care? I'll admit I've grown quite fond of Julius lately, and I guess you could say that I like him. But how does he feel? Sometimes he's flirty, other times he's jealous, and lately he's been distant. I'm just not sure anymore.

I got out of the large bed and head to the bathroom to freshen up. I had no idea what I was going to do today. The seminar was going to be for a couple of hours and I was in an unfamiliar city. I was tempted to sneak into the seminar. What could my father possibly do besides yell at me?

I look over at the time, 11 am. The seminar was set to end at 4 pm, meaning I had time to sneak in if I wanted. A mischievous smile crept onto my face as I eyed my suitcase. Good thing I always pack work clothes.

I take a shower and pull my hair into a slick ponytail before dressing up in a navy blue pants suit. You might wonder why I'm so desperate to put myself through an 8-hour long seminar. But I worked hard on doing my part to get this project off the ground and I want to see the result.

I took a cab around 1 because I knew there would be a noon lunch break. After grabbing my purse, I head down to the meeting place. It was quite busy when I got there, and the second part of the seminar was already in progress. Surely my father won't notice me from the back, since he was most likely upfront with Julius. I took my seat in the very back row, where only a few people shared the same row at the very end.

I stayed for the whole seminar, seemingly unnoticed in the large crowd. Once it finally ended, I tried my best to be the first one out of the room. But the outside hall was quickly filled up with people who took different exits. I left the auditorium before I could catch sight of my father, and started to maneuver my way through the heavy crowd.

As I'm walking past a hall, I feel an arm grab my wrist pulling toward the hallway.

"We'll look who it is." Julius says with a chuckle as I crash into him. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to check out the seminar. And I did so unnoticed." I say proudly.

"I noticed you." He points out.

"Okay but you're the only one."

He chuckles as his hands are still on my waist, "I'll never not notice you." He smiles genuinely at me and I blush as he grabs my hand. "Now let's get out of here."

He leads me down the hall to another exit, where his car was parked in the parking garage. "Have you ever had gelato?" He asks as he starts the car.

I shrug, "I've had ice cream."

"No not ice cream, gelato. I'll show you my favorite place."

I chuckle as I relax into my seat, "I guess we're going out for ice cream."

"Gelato." He corrects me again.

He drives us about 20 minutes before we arrive in front of a little shop called Armono Boston. He parks across the street before helping me out of the large car. It felt strange to be in such a public place dressed in such formal attire.