Stella & The Brawl

Chapter 15

We arrive at the club shortly after the drive and it was packed and huge. There was a lounge area, dining, bar, dance floor, even aquatic tanks with live animals in them. A glass chandelier hung from the entrance above us as we stepped inside. Loud music could be heard throughout the whole building. "Alright guys like I promised, drinks on me!" Jerrell says as he leads Hailey toward the bar. Julius reaches his hand out for me to grab and I do as he leads me in their direction.

"A round of patron my good man." Jerrell tells the bartender.

I grimace, "I hate patron."

"Only one for you then. Just to loosen up." Hailey says with a smile. The bartender places the shots of the patron in front of us. I watch as everyone takes a shot and chases it down. I look at the glass before doing the same and the happy couple cheers as Julius orders himself more.

"One more shot for both of us." Hailey tells the bartender. He places it in front of them and they take another one before heading to the dance floor. Julius sat at the bar next to me quietly, sipping the glass of Hennessy in his hands. "I'll have a martini." I tell the bartender.

He stirs up the drink and places it in front of me. "So?" I ask Julius as he stares in front of him. "What?" He asks nonchalantly, still not looking at me.

"Are you mad about something?" I ask. He doesn't respond as he sips his drink. "Fine, be a big baby then." I say as I get up from my seat and head toward Hailey and Jerrell on the dance floor.

"Stella join me!" Hailey cheers as she dances with her husband. I smile and start to dance with them as Hailey dances with Jerrell and I dance with her. Julius sulked about whatever he was sulking about a majority of the night as I partied with Jerrell and Hailey.

They were lots of fun to hang out with and we went back and forth from the bar to the dance floor many times. "I'm going to the bathroom!" I shoutout to Hailey over the music. "Okay! Want me to come with you?" She asks.

I shake my head, "It's just over there! I'll be fine!" She nods as I start walking toward the door of the women's room. After finishing up in the restroom I look in the mirror at my appearance. I wasn't sure if I was drunk yet but I was definitely buzzed. I adjusted my hair and fixed my earring, I was still cute regardless.

I walked out of the bathroom and made a wrong turn, resulting in me ending up in the lounge. A couple of people were in here just sitting and talking amongst each other as they sipped a few drinks. I took a seat near the door as I decided to take a moment to recollect myself.

I felt the spot next to me dip and look over to see a man sitting next to me. He had light skin and hair that pulled back into a ponytail. He wore a thin gold chain around his neck and his shirt was completely unbuttoned. "I've never seen you here before." He says with a smirk on his face.

I flash my ring, not bothering to look at him."Engaged, please leave me alone." I tell him politely.

"Engaged only means you're not married yet, so there's still hope for me." He chuckles.

I roll my eyes before turning to him, "No it means that I'm not single, leave."

He places his arm behind my seat, scooting closer to me. "Cmon, I'm a nice guy. At least hear me out." He looks at me before his eyes widen. "Hey wait I know you! You're engaged to that Ashford guy right?"

I nod and he laughs, "Then you're definitely single." Before I can respond the guy is yanked out of his seat and thrown to the ground. I look up to see Julius holding the man by his ponytail, "Stay down." He tells him in a warning tone before turning toward me. "What are you doing in here?" He asks irritatedly.