Stella & The Acquaintance

Chapter 40

"Stella?"

Knock knock.

"Stella?"

I open my eyes tiredly as the disturbance woke me up. Why was my pillow moving? I sit up and notice Julius in my bed, naked.

Why do I always do this?

I scramble out of bed to get the door, but not before throwing on the first shirt I can find off the ground. I open the door a few inches.

"Yes?"

Micheal chuckles, "Well you look like a mess. Dad and I are leaving soon."

I nod quickly, ignoring his insult. "Oh yes, have a good trip. I'll see you back in Boston." I say before trying to shut the door.

He stops me quickly, "Wait I don't leave for another 30 minutes. What happened with you and Julius? Are you okay?"

I smile lightly at him, "I'm fine don't worry I handled it."

He nods, "Well good, we don't need extra workplace drama."

I nod, "I agree! We can discuss more in Boston. I've really got to get in the shower."

"Babe?" Julius calls out tiredly making me freeze in place.

Michael quirks his brow in amusement, "So much for no drama. I'll see you in Boston." He says with a chuckle as he walks away.

I shut the door in horror before glaring at the happily asleep Julius. I pick up a pillow before smacking him across the head with it, waking him up.

"What the hell?" He asks tiredly.

"This was a mistake, get out."

"Let's talk about this." He says as he rubs his eyes, but I hit him again with the pillow.

"You are an evil man, get out of my room!" I exclaim.

"Why am I evil? Because you enjoyed last night?"

"Yes! You came over here and seduced me. You just don't want me to get over you."

He sighs in frustration, "You always do this! You kissed me! Not the other way around. And maybe I don't want you to move on from me, is that so wrong? I love you Stella."

"Stop it! Do you know how much you've hurt me? Stop saying you love me because you don't! Now get out." I exclaim angrily.

He frowns, "Stell-"

"I'll call hotel security." I threaten.

He sighs as he sits up from the bed. "I'm leaving, don't worry."

He grumpily gets out of bed, collecting his clothing items. All but his shirt that I wore loosely on my body. "You can keep that." He says as he shrugs on his coat.

I sat on the bed, looking down at the floor as he left my hotel room. I sigh before picking up a pillow and screaming into it.

The door opens suddenly. "I heard a scream, are you okay? What happened?" Michael asks frantically.

"Why are you still here?" I ask in irritation.

He points to his watch, "I still have 15 minutes." He takes a seat beside me on the bed. "What happened?"

"Why do you care? So you can rub it in my face and call me a sensitive woman?" I ask bitterly.

"I keep telling you I'm not a bad guy Stella. You can talk to me."

"Ms. Harris." I correct.