Stella & The Yacht

Chapter 14

I woke up the next morning completely alone in the room. I don't remember falling asleep, I must've done so by accident. I touch my head to see if my hair was still in place and realize I was somehow wearing my scarf. It was terribly put on but it was put on nonetheless.

I looked over toward the couch where Julius slept and it was empty. No sign that he had been there at all. I pick up my phone and look at the time, almost 10:30 am.

I get out of bed and wobble over to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I remove my scarf and brush out my hair before sliding on my house slippers and walking out the door toward the main house.

"Stella good morning!" Mrs. Ashford greets as I enter the living room where she and Julius's aunt sat. "Good morning ladies." I greet back.

"Go ahead and help yourself to breakfast, everyone's getting ready. I hope Julius told you about the yacht trip today." She says. My eyes widen slightly, yacht trip?

"Oh yeah, of course. I was just picking something to wear." I say with a smile.

"Oh good! We leave at 12." I nod at the women before heading to the kitchen where breakfast foods were laid out on the counter. I pick up a plate and help myself to some eggs and toast before reheating it and heading back to my room.

When I get there Julius is in the room, rummaging through his suitcase. "Why didn't you tell me about the boat trip?" I ask as I enter the bedroom.

"Yacht trip." He corrects.

I roll my eyes, "Same difference."

"Not in price, I paid a lot for that yacht." He says as he continues to go through his bags.

"Julius." I say warningly.

"Stella." He mocks back.

I roll my eyes again, realizing I won't be getting anything from him, and sit down outside to eat my food. When I'm done I head over to my suitcase and look for something to wear on the yacht. The weather felt especially warm today and I thought it was appropriate to have a bikini on under just in case.

I pull out my Dior bikini set and some heels. I look for a simple sundress to wear over it and decide to hop in the shower. After that I get dressed and do my makeup and hair, pulling it into a high ponytail before strapping on my shoes.

The time was almost 12 and everyone was about ready as we headed down to the dock. When we got there, not one but two small yachts were parked and anchored in front of the dock.

"Alright, adults on Ashford I and kids on Ashford II." Mrs. Ashford calls out.

Jerrell chuckles, "Aunty we're not kids anymore."

"You always will be to me, now go on." She says urging him toward the second boat. We load onto the different boats. Ashford II was quite luxurious inside. Cream leather seating, dark interior, and sitting area with a plasma screen tv and bar. The outside of the boat had a place to watch the water and enjoy as the boat went across the water.

"Two mimosas please." Hailey told the bartender. She smiles at me, "You want a drink?"

I shake my head, "Maybe after the boat starts moving." The bartender hands her the drinks and she hands the other one to Penny. "I thought you can't drink?" I ask.

She scoffs, "Just not in front of my brother, and he's too busy with the helmsman." She says as she sips her drink. The boat begins moving forward and you can see the water start to go by from the window.

"We should go out onto the deck and enjoy the sun, it's kind of stuffy in here." Hailey says as she drinks her drink. Penny nods, "As long as you order me another one of these." She says holding up her now empty cup.