Chapter 4 - And it happened ...

The Ramakrishna family was very excited and happy today as it is Sakshi's wedding day. The whole house was fully decorated. Everyone was having so much fun celebrating the pre-wedding functions. Lots of relatives, friends and neighbours had arrived and congratulated the bride and brought gifts for her as well. One of the best catering services was booked to serve the most delicious food and sweets.

Even though Damini was still bitter towards Arpana, she invited Arpana's family. As Sakshi invited Arpana, she joined the functions that were happening before the marriage for which Damini was not happy about it. According to Damini's family traditions, a widow attending weddings is seen as a bad omen for the bride and groom. Damini did scold Sakshi for inviting Arpana but she didn't want to create a scene in front of the guests. 

Arpana too tried to enjoy the day as much as she could and was genuinely happy for Sakshi, even though she had a doubt on why Damini was making her daughter marry someone who has already married once. This wedding function was giving a flashback of her wedding day. Memories of her wedding day kept on flashing her in mind. The day Arpana and Vihan became one. They were so happy that day because, after facing so many obstacles finally they got married and became one. 

"The groom and his family are here!!!" Arpana heard someone saying making her come out of trance. They were right. The guests were standing at the main door to welcome the groom and his family. Even though Arpana had seen the groom through some pictures, it was the first time seeing him in real life. Damini was right. He looked very handsome in Arpana's eyes. Just perfect for Sakshi. However, one thing Arpana noticed was that he didn't look happy; she could feel the coldness in his eyes... 

Arpana then got herself busy with a few things, as she was helping the catering services settle, she was called in by Damini into Sakshi's room. Arpana's family, Vihan's family, Arjun and his family stood there with tensed expressions. Well, except Arjun as he looked Happy. 

Arpana understood that something wasn't right.

"What happened? Why are you crying dad? (Referring to Vihan's dad). Damini then handed a piece of paper over to Arpana. 

                                                         Papa, Amma and Arjun's Family,

 I am very sorry everyone. I am in love with someone else. I would've told Papa and Amma but because Nikhil is from another caste, I know how much drama there will be. I don't have time and effort to face all the battles. So instead I thought it is better to just elope. Please don't come searching for us. Let us live peacefully. Also Arjun, I am very sorry for running away on our wedding day. If you feel like I have made you a scapegoat in any way I am ever so sorry. I had no option. I hope you won't be too affected by this as we don't know each other that well...

Once again I am sorry to hurt you all. I hope you will be able to forgive me.

                                                                        - Sakshi

Arpana was very shocked; Arpana never knew Sakshi loved someone else.... 

"This girl has ruined the reputation of two families!!! This is such an insult for us" Arjun's father shouted. 

"Look Mr Ravinath. We had no idea that our daughter would do something bad. Just like you we are shocked as well." Vihan's father replied.