Nandini's Story (part 2)

It took Nandini some time to recover after Rahul's death and to be precise, 4 months. After that incident, Nandini took 4 months off from work to heal mentally and physically. She got engaged in yoga, counselling workshops, meditation and reading to heal. Reading about famous personalities' life experiences gave Nandini the courage to be fearless of family, friends and the society. She eventually accepted the reality that she cannot forget Rahul, meaning she is not open to love/romance for now. It may change one day however for now Nandini wasn't bothered about finding her Prince.
At the moment, Nandini wants to be free. She wants to do what she wants, to go to places she wants to and be friends with the people she wants to.

Radhika tells Nandini that she will have a difficult life when she gets older.
However, Ram supports her. Ram believes people should live their life as they want to as long as they do not harm others. Forcing Nandini into a second marriage would only make her miserable. Therefore, Ram gave his 100% support to Nandini to do what she likes. As it is better to live for today as there is no guarantee you will make it to the future.

Anyway, after a gap of 4 months, Nandini finally decided to return to work today. After a long cold night, Nandini finally opened her eyes as the yellow shining sun rose. Somehow the bright mesmerising morning made her feel much fresh to start the day. It made her feel like a free bird herself when she heard the chirping of the birds.

After taking a bath that lasted for approximately an hour, Nandini dressed herself into a white cotton saree and tied her hair into a neat bun. Once she was done Nandini went downstairs for breakfast, Radhika was in the kitchen washing the dishes when Nandini went downstairs.

"Good morning" Nandini greeted Radhika to which her mom just smiled and immediately, she served some breakfast to Nandini.
"Nandini, what are your plans if you don't want to get married?" asked Radhika.

"My career is my priority now," Nandini said confidently.

"My wish is to see all my grandchildren before I die" Radhika said sadly. Nandini's face fell upon hearing those words.

"Ma, if you want grandchildren, you have Arpana's children Diya and Varun. Pooja is also carrying now. You'll be able to meet her child soon as well. Why do you have to torture me every time regarding marriage and children? Let me live my life the way I want to" Nandini said and left. Radhika sighed heavily, no matter what, Radhika couldn't come to terms with Nandini's decision.

Sometime later, after Nandini's rounds, she was drinking coffee in the staff room when Dr Shahid came with his lunch.

"Hello Dr Nandini" he greeted her

"Hey!"

"How does it feel about returning to work then?" Shahid asked her.

"It feels a bit odd especially because Rahul died here but I'm sure the feeling will change soon" Nandini told Shahid. Dr Shahid knew everything about Rahul and Nandini as she had told him about it after Rahul died. This was because Dr Shahid was someone Nandini trusted.

"Amma packed some Biryani for you, when I informed her that you were returning to work today" Shahid explained.

"Oh that's so sweet of Amma" Nandini said whilst opening the box. The aromatic fragrance of the masala made Nandini's mouth water.

"Convey my thanks to Amma, I really appreciate her kindness and thoughtfulness" Nandini said.

"Of course I will," Dr Shahid said, taking note of how Nandini separated the cardamom and chilly from the rice.
As they were concentrating on eating their meals, Nandini's phone beeped. It was an email notification. When Nandini opened her mail, she noticed an offer letter from the University of Bath for Msc in precision Cancer medicine. Nandini smiled widely, showing all her teeth in joy.