Chapter 21

Author’s POV.....

After spending the day roaming the city, both Arjun and Arpana returned to their room. Arpana picked her towel up and clothes to go and freshen up but just as she was going to enter the washroom, Arjun barged in and closed the door giving a cheeky grin. Arpana sighed in frustration. She went and sat on the bed, "you can go in now" Arjun announced as he came out of the washroom. Once they were both done, the question was how they would sleep because they did not have a couch in this room. There wasn't an extra bed either. Both of them were standing on either side of the bed displaying a confused expression. "You can take the bed, I'll take the floor" said Arjun. 

"It's extremely cold on the floor Arjun" She said worriedly.

"It is fine. I will just use the extra blanket" said Arjun and turned the lights off but no matter how many blankets he used, he was still shivering due to the cold air. Understanding he was feeling cold, Arpana turned the lights on and asked Arjun to take the bed "you can take one side, I will take the other" Arpana told him. He didn't want to sleep on the floor as it was very cold. Therefore, Arjun nodded and took up the other side of the bed. Arpana turned the lights off and turned around so her back was facing him. 

After sometime, Arpana woke up feeling very chilly. She barely had any blanket as Arjun was using it all up. Arpana tried to pull it but she couldn't pull it out of Arjun's strong grip. So she moved closer to him in search of warmth still maintaining an appropriate distance between them and eventually she dozed off after staying awake for a little bit. 

The next morning, Arpana woke up hearing the sound of the alarm. It was something she hated the most. Arpana opened her eyes and adjusted to the bright light shining through the window. She tried sitting up to turn the alarm off but she struggled as an arm tightened around her waist. Arpana looked down only to see Arjun leaning his head on Arpana's chest, holding her tightly around her belly. And top it all, their legs were tangled up making it impossible for her to get up. Arpana suddenly felt nervous thinking what would happen when Arjun woke up because the last time when this happened, he lost his control. 

As Arpana was deep in her thoughts, Arjun stirred lightly and pressed closer to Arpana's chest. Arpana then slowly untangled herself from him and stood up to quickly freshen up as it was Deepak’s wedding day. When she entered the washroom, she suddenly remembered what happened 5 years ago on this same day...

She didn't even get to see him properly that day to say a final goodbye...  

 Automatically, some tears started rolling down her eyes. Arpana briskly wiped the tears away from her eyes. 

She then woke Arjun up. Arjun lazily opened his eyes and rubbed it with his knuckles "what is it, Arpana?" 

"Get up Arjun. We need to be ready for Deepak's wedding today" she said drying her hair with the towel.

Arjun groaned in frustration and sat up on his bed and all of a sudden, reality hit him. It marks 5 years since Anjali has left him. Arjun slammed his fists on the bed but regretted it as Arpana stood next to him. He didn't want to ruin her mood as well so looked at her apologetically and rushed to the washroom. 

Arpana decided to change while Arjun was using the washroom. She picked the simple, red dress which was gifted to her by Neria yesterday; it was designed by the bride herself for her soon-to-be co sister (Arpana). 

Arpana changed into it hesitantly, she couldn't believe she was going to enjoy the day she lost the love of her life five years ago.