Chapter 9

Author’s POV......

After writing a little note which read "this house is no longer safe for me. I am leaving. I will transfer the rent very soon as I lived here for a few months" Arpana picked up her suitcase and handbag and walked out of the room.

Arjun woke up ages ago. He was sitting on the sofa at the lounge to apologise to Arpana. Arjun was cursing himself every second for his action. He was still struggling to accept how low he acted yesterday. Arjun felt very guilty and ashamed of his own deed. As he was deeply engrossed in his thoughts, Arjun heard the noise of some anklets. It was none one other than Arpana's. She was coming downstairs with her suitcase and handbag wearing a simple kurti. She had bruises on her face as well as hands and her lips were slightly bruised and swollen too. Arjun felt very guilty and embarrassed seeing the damage he created.

Arpana didn't acknowledge his presence. She carried on walking forward to get out of what she considers as hell now. "Arpana, where are you going?" Arjun managed to say, guilt was evident from his tone.

"This house is not safe for me. I am going somewhere, where I will be safe" she replied in a very cold tone.

"Arpana, look I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. It was due to the influence of alcohol. Please understand" Arjun explained to his very angry wife, holding his hands together seeking her forgiveness.

"I will never forgive you Mr.Arjun!!!" Arpana shouted at him clutching tightly onto the collars of his shirt. "In fact you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to see your family and explain to them about how cheap you are!! Let them know how shameless and low their son is and file a complaint at the police station against you for rape attempt!!" Arpana screamed as tears rolled down her red cheeks.

"Arpana I'm really sorry. I know saying a sorry is not enough for the damage I did. Arpana please don't inform the police or my parents. I will do anything you ask me to, but before that please listen to me, let me explain my side of Arpana. Please!!" Arjun pleaded only to get a tight slap from her. "I will never ever forgive you Arjun and I will do everything as I said. You men think you can have your way with a woman and give alcohol as a reason. Alcohol is not an excuse to touch a woman's body without her consent" Arpana said and picked her suitcase up and left the house. Arjun ran behind her but it was of no use. Arpana was determined to do what she had said.

Arjun was panicking now and was getting very scared. He felt restless and didn't know what to do. Arjun walked back into the house and picked up Anjali's picture from his drawer and cried holding it. "Anjali, I'm sorry I let you down baby. More than anyone else in this world, you know my character right? You know exactly how I am. Bloody alcohol and anger made me do what I did Anjali. Anju after you died, I lived in this world for nothing. If I had come with you earlier, then I wouldn't have needed to face all this" Arjun said looking at Anjali's picture.

                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Arpana, why are you here by yourself? Where is Arjun?" Lalitha (Arpana's mother asked her). Arpana didn't reply to her mother but she just walked straight into her room and locked it.

How much I had missed this room!!!

Within a few minutes Arpana's father and mother started knocking at her door. Arpana opened it feeling slightly annoyed "what?" She asked them rudely.

"Arpana, looking at your actions we can sense something is wrong. What happened?" Intrajith asked his daughter. "I'm not lying Appa. Arjun and I will not get along well with each other. Therefore, I've broken all my ties with him" after she said this she received a tight slap from her father "Arpana all you’re giving us is embarrassment and pain. Why can't you just adjust with Arjun and live according to him?" Intrajith asked his daughter in anger.