Chapter 41

Arpana and Arjun were finally in Bangalore now ... at home ... enjoying this phase of their lives very peacefully with content hearts. 
Days were going in a blur, Arpana had a good seven month baby bump now. Arpana was undergoing everything a 7 months pregnant lady would be going through but more than Arpana it was Arjun who was acting as if he was the pregnant. As the days went on Arjun's pregnancy symptoms only got worse.

Arpana's monthly check up date was due today, like every month Dr Samira did Arpana's routine checkup today as well. Once they were done Dr Samira informed Arpana and Arjun that everything was perfect, she then prescribed Arpana some vitamin tablets.

"Oh my God the more its getting closer to your due date the more scarier it is becoming" Arjun said rubbing his palms together as they were coming out of the hospital.
Arpana just rolled her eyes, she's been hearing this like a mantra for the past few months. She just didn't understand why Arjun was getting this scared for.

"What  are you rolling your eyes for ?" Arjun asked Arpana irritatingly. "Because your acting as if your the pregnant one when it is me" Arpana replied.
"You won't understand Arpana, you need to be in my place then you'll understand my worry and concerns" Arjun said.

"No I don't understand Arjun, I don't understand why you are buying a dozen pregnancy books every week, not letting me shower alone or do  simple activities peacefully" Arpana complained to her husband.

"OK, so the pregnancy books are very important because it's our first time becoming parents, so it's important to know how to be a good mummy and daddy. What to eat during each stage of your pregnancy and what to do and not to do etc. Next of all, I'm helping you to shower because what if you fall when doing it alone.  And finally by simple activities I know you are reffering to your daily exercises, if I don't watch over you when your doing it then I very well know that you'll skip it because your lazy" Arjun explained just for Arpana to roll her eyes again at Arjun annoyingly.

Today, on the way back from the hospital Arjun decided to treat Arpana as she did not seem to be a good mood due to their conversation earlier on.
"Why did you stop the car here?" Arpana asked "for us to have food from here" Arjun replied.

"I want Pani Puri " Arpana exclaimed.

"Fine get out of the car then" Arjun said

"Nope I don't want anything from here, I want get it from where they sell the street foods !" Arpana winged like a child.

"Arpana its not hygienic and your pregnant now ! We aren't eating any bloody street food now !" Arjun said as if he was scolding her.

"No no noo !!" Arpana kept on winging. Arpana very well knew that she can get her own way with Arjun if she cried a little so she started her fake cry.
"Oh come on Arpana I know very well that your being a drama queen now. I'll buy you one but this is one of" Arjun said. Suddenly a wide grin appeared on Arpana's face.

Soon Arjun bought Arpana pani puri. Arjun watched Arpana eat the pani puri amusingly as he gently placed his hands on Arpana's stomach and caressed their child. "Please don't learn your muma's habits" Arjun told the baby chuckling. "Don't worry Arjun, she'll take over me and I'm sure she'll do you heading just the way her mum does it" Arpana laughed whilst caressing her bump.
"Have you fixed it then that it's going to be a girl ?" Arjun asked her.
"I will love the child whether its a girl or a boy Arjun but my hearts telling me Arjun that its going to be a girl" Arpana said.
"Ahh hopefully it'll be" Arjun replied as he moved a strand of hair that was falling on her face.

All this was being observed by him, he was struggling to digest it ...
Who gave her the right to move on once he had left ? Who gave her the right to enjoy life once he had gone ?