Chapter 35

So you're going to see your father?" Devi asked her sister one last time for confirmation.

"Yes Devi. I believe it is the right time now. Don't I deserve to know who my father is, at least once in my lifetime?" Arpana asked her sister sadly.

"Of course you do. It is your choice whether you want to reveal yourself to him or not however, I think it will be nice for him to know he has a daughter like you" Devi put forward her suggestion.

"Yes, this is what Arjun is telling me as well but I don't want to, Devi. I want to keep my identity to myself. I don't want to destroy his family, his happiness and peace for his daughter who popped out of nowhere" Arpana said sadly.

"It's totally up to you Arpana... Anyway, is Arjun coming with you?" Devi asked.

"Yes he is. He took a long leave so he's going to come with me to Rajasthan first and then to Kerala to see my mother. If he was not coming with me, I probably would not have decided to go. It's like I need Arjun for everything now, I'm even struggling to tolerate the pain when he leaves me for work" Arpana said.

"Arpana, it's perfect. You're finally in love with him but I'm scared at the same time!" Devi expressed her concerns.

"Scared? Why?" Arpana asked, displaying a confused expression.

"I'm 100% sure Arjun is not like Vihan but..." Devi hesitated to continue so Arpana started speaking.

"Don't compare Arjun with Vihan, Devi. Yes I agree I was so much in love with that bastard and when I thought he died, I was beyond shattered. But when I learnt the truth and found out he was someone who said what he is never gonna be, I was broken and that pain was excruciating but I'm 100 percent sure that Arjun will not betray me like Vihan did. He can never do that, Devi. He is an honest and genuine man" Arpana said emotionally.

"I can understand your perspective Arpana, I'm so glad you finally found the one for you. Arjun is not just a perfect husband but a great brother-in-law to me too. May I ask you something? How did you fall in love with each other like this? I mean, it's wonderful!" Devi asked Arpana curiously. She was genuinely happy for her sister.

"I don't know Devi, maybe it's because of everything we went through in life.

I mean he never flirted with me, neither did he try impressing me with cheesy pick up lines.

He never changed to impress me. He was always 'himself' whenever he spoke to me.

What mainly caught my attention was that he never tried to portray himself as a perfect individual. He never hid his flaws, he made mistakes and errors and that's what made me love him the most. It was a slow process Devi. We never rushed anything. We took time to understand each other. Mainly we got closer by communicating with each other. Eventually in the process, we started loving each other's process and hated the distance between us and slowly we fell for each other. And here we are now..

And even today I fall for him a little more because he is someone I would never want to lose '' Arpana started with a broad smile.

Devi's eyes watered listening to Arpana talk so beautifully about her love and Arjun. Even though she loved Vihan a lot, Arpana never discussed him with Devi this joyfully.

And somewhere deep inside Devi's heart she wished for a love story like her sister's.

Devi then gently hugged Arpana and said "I'm so happy for you Arpana. Finally it's a good bye to tears! Also, best wishes on your trip to Rajasthan and Kerala. I hope and pray that you get everything you want there. Will call you everyday" Arpana was happy with her sister's assurance. "Shall we leave? It's getting quite late" Arpana said as she checked the time on her watch.