Chapter 45

"Look, it's not easy to stand on the beach, wearing heels and a heavy saree. Tell me why you brought me here" Devi asked Madhav as it's already been half an hour since he brought her here.

"Devi, I don't know in what way you'll take what I am going to say. But I need to tell you this now, whether your response is positive or negative. I've to confess for the peace of my mind" Madhav explained nervously. It was his first time proposing for a serious relationship.

"Then tell me Madhav" Devi requested in anticipation. She was already able to guess what was coming her way through Madhav's expressions.

"Do you remember the first day I met you Devi? You were with Arpana that day, our first encounter was not pleasant, neither the encounters that followed. But without me realising I was enjoying it. Till a few months back, you were only that annoying girl to me but recently the place for you has changed in my heart. I think I'm starting to fall in love with you..." Madhav finally said.

Devi too liked Madhav. She had a feeling that he liked her back as well... but ... but she didn't think he'd confess this already. Devi stood there in shock, not knowing how to react.

"Devi, would you please say something?" Madhav requested her.

"Madhav, I like you as well but I do not think that I am a right match for you.
You know nothing about me Madhav! My father's in jail. Arpana isn't my real sister." But before Devi could complete her sentence Madhav stopped her. "Devi, this does not make you less desirable. I love you for who you are, not due to any other factors or what your family is like and I'm expecting that in return if your response is positive..."

Devi's eyes started to water. Devi liked Madhav but she didn't think Madhav deserved to come into her life and experience a share of her problems.

"Devi please" Madhav pleaded...

"Madhav, if we are going to date it's not going to be easy. It's going to be really hard! We will have to work on this relationship very hard, If we want it to work out, you will have to deal with my tantrums, mood swings and promise to never break my heart" Devi explained.

"Devi, already you've shown me a lot of your tantrums and mood swings. So I am aware of what to expect and I am promising you that, if I need to, I will go an extra mile to make you happy and for this relationship to work out" Madhav said staring intently into her hazel brown eyes.
Devi smiled as a response to Madhav's promise.

"I have one more condition," Devi said, displaying a serious expression.

"And what is that?" Madhav asked her

"You may think I'm being cheesy or childish but I want someone in my life, who will love and care for me as much as Mr Bean cared for his Teddy...." Devi said very confidently. Madhav let out a laugh after hearing what Devi said... "I will definitely try to care for you the way Mr Bean cared for his teddy..." he said. Devi widely grinned hearing Madhav's reply.

Madhav then gently held Devi's delicate hands and they then walked along the shore welcoming the next chapter in their lives wholeheartedly....

......

Arjun went to the gym as soon as the sun rose today. Arpana was feeding Diya when she heard the doorbell ringing. Ever since that incident Arpana was nervous to open the door if Arjun's not around, especially because Diya's around as well now. Diya's safety was Arpana's priority.

When Arpana looked out of the window, she saw Nikhil. Arpana was much relieved to see Nikhil. Immediately, Arpana opened the door and welcomed Nikhil.

"Did Sakshi not come, Nikhil?" Arpana asked him as she closed the main door.