Chapter 39

Arpana and Arjun had finally reached Kerala. For some reason Arpana did not want to stay in Kerala like she did in Rajasthan ...

She does not know why but her mind way pulling Arpana away from visiting her mother. Maybe its due to how Bhanumathi abandoned her when she was young...

"So according to Lalitha ma your mother is an doctor. Lalitha ma said that she had moved to Kottayam district once she had left Rajastan. So with the help of my acquaintances I've found your mother's location. I did WhatsApp your mother's photo to Lalitha ma and she confirmed that it was your mother. So are you ready to visit your mother ?" Arjun asked Arpana.

"Yes I am Arjun. But like what happened in Rajasthan I do not want my mother knowing who I am. I don't want to ruin her families peace either" Arpana said clutching onto Arjun's hands. "Lets hope for the best" Arjun said as if he knew it is not going to be a happy ending ... "How will we approach her Arjun. I'm happy with seeing her from a distance...."

"Because she's an doctor she does consultations at home apparently, she's got a clinic at home. My accaiqantance has booked an appointment for you. Like in Rajasthan we can't stay here for long as there is no loops to make excuses and stay with them"

"Thats absolutely fine. Just want to see her from a distance at least once" Arpana said placing her head onto Arjun's chest. And very soon they headed to Bhanumathi's House. Arpana started feeling nervous all over again, just the way she did when she was going to meet her father...

Today she will be meeting her mother who once abandoned her ...

Arjun understood very well that Arpana was becoming nervous and stressed out. He tried rubbing her hands a little to comfort her ... Arjun was aware of Arpana's miscarriage in her first marriage. Therefore, he was worried as this pressure and worry could possibly lead to another miscarriage ...

Anyway, once they reached the clinic Arjun and Arpana took a seat and waited it to be their turn. Every few seconds Arjun glanced at Arpana and made sure she was wasnt getting too anxious. Arpana's mental peace was Arjun's priority...Finally after half an hours wait they we called in. Suprisingly theirs was the final consultation of the day.

"Come in" a lady said when she heard Arjun and Arpana knocking on the door. Arpana's heart was beating as each second passed....When they entered Bhanu was turned the other way round checking a file. When Arpana saw her mother her eyes watered ... Arpana craved to see Bhanu's face now.

And without delay Bhanu turned around and looked at Arpana in shock.

Immeditely her pleasant face scrunched up seeing her daughter. Arpana knitted her eyebrows in confusion upon seeing her mothers reaction but was delighted to see Bhanu eventually. "Why do you want me to consult you today ?" Bhanu asked Arpana bluntly increasing Arpana's heart beat ! Arpana found her mother's reaction to be fishy...

"I'm currently three well four months pregnant. Came here for a general check up..." Arpana lied. "Arpana I know why you are here for and what your motive is. Before I do something I regret get lost" Bhanu said tightening the ends of her saree. Fear was evident in her voice..."Dr please behave a bit more professionally. At the end of the day your a doctor ..." Arjun interfered angering Bhanu more.

"Arpana many years ago I removed you from my life hoping I will never see you again. Please get away from my life !! You once ruined my future, what your seeing now is what I've rebuild. I do not want you to ruin my peace and happiness once more. Please get away from my life, let me live peacefully with my husband and son" Bhanu said holding her hands together as she requested Arpana.

Arpana was beyond shocked...

How will Arpana not be shocked... Her mother once abandoned her and once again her mother wanted Arpana to leave her life. What made Arpana even more shocked was Bhanu's suddenly identifying Arpana to be her daughter.

Arpana wanted to break down and cry her heart out. But no tears came out so she just started blankly at her mother whilst she felt her heart break into a million pieces. But Arpana was determined to be strong no matter what ! Arjun hated to see Arpana like this, he felt like slapping that lady tightly but Arjun refrained himself from it ...

"I did not come here to destroy anyone's peace or happiness ! I came here to see my mother at least once for a few seconds and leave without anyone or anything knowing. Even though deep inside my heart I craved for her love and care ... But not every parents are hero's to their children so I'm not complaining..." Arpana said emotionally.

"Dr Bhanumathi sorry for the inconvenience... Never again will Arpana will come and see you, even if she wants to I will never let her see her cruel mother who was coward enough to leave a young child mercilessly and the one who is acting like a coward even now. Only Arpana is to be blamed for wanting to reconile with her mother who abandoned her and who damaged her beyond repair ..."

Bhanumathi looked down as guilt invaded her mind and heart. Bhanumathi knew very well what she said was cruel and that no mother should ever treat her daughter like this but Bhanu was scared ! Her family was more important to her than her illegitimate daughter. Not just her family ! But she was afraid of the society as well ...

Arpana returning was something that has been haunting Bhanu recently. To be more precise it was ever since her son Nikhil found out the truth ...

Yes Sakshi's husband Nikhil was Bhanu's son more clearly Arpana's biological brother.Nikhil was there when Lalitha told the story, ever since that Nikhil has doubted Bhanu to be Arpana's mother. After a little confrontation with his mother Nikhil confirmed that Arpana was his sister. Nikhil had conveyed this information to Arjun but Arjun kept it away from Arpana as he did not want to burden Arpana with more and more revelations especially at a time where Arpana is pregnant.

After Nikhil confirmed Arpana was his mother's daughter, he had told his mother that he will go and see his sister and will tell her that he his her brother. But Bhanu had threatened him to commit suicide if Arpana ever finds out about Bhanu and her whereabouts because she felt Arpana returning could result in her husband finding out and breaking her marriage.... Nikhil even showed Bhanu Arpana's photo with hopes that she might change her mind but she did not ...

...................

Sorry everyone for the short chapter ! Will try to make it longer next time :)

So some more revelations are here ....
What do you think about Bhanu's reaction upon seeing her daughter?

So Nikhil is Arpana's brother ??
Will the brother and sister meet?

Guys please do put some effort in voting and commenting. It motivates me much more to update quicker...