Chapter 23

Author’s POV....

Arpana and Arjun had left Goa, and they finally had reached their house. Many things have been changed after leaving Goa. Most importantly, the equation between them has changed. They had no words to describe their relationship but they both knew it was turning into something beautiful. They would be very wrong if they say that they haven't developed feelings for each other....

Arjun was taking Arpana for a date today. Arpana doesn’t know what to expect this night to be like but she was so happy and excited.

Arpana was busy getting ready for the dinner date arranged by Arjun. Just the way Arjun liked, Arpana let her hair free and wore a beautiful knee length floral dress.
Arjun was awestruck seeing her all ready for the dinner date. She had a different kind of glow today. Maybe due to the fact that she got ready for Arjun...

The dress suited her well. He liked it very much. Arjun loved the way Arpana carried herself with so much elegance and confidence.

Arjun stepped closer to her until he was inches away from her. He then snaked his long arms around her. "You’re looking nice," he complimented.

‘Nice? Out of all the words, you choose nice? Seriously bro?’ his conscience scolded him.

Arjun was never good at complimenting people. He wasn't good at expressing his feelings either. "You clean up well too" Arpana complimented him while chuckling. It wasn't anything special, just a rolled up white shirt and black jeans. Arjun immediately raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Your first compliment to me," he chuckled.

‘Better than yours’ Arpana thought, mentally rolling her eyes.

Whilst Arjun was starting his car, Arpana locked the house and entered the car next to him in the passenger seat.

To kill the awkwardness, Arpana turned the car radio on. Some romantic songs started to play, making the situation even more awkward. Noticing Arjun's hands tightening on the steering wheel, Arpana turned the radio off. "Are you alright?" She asked him, placing her palms on his hands.

"I'm fine Arpana, just nervous" Arjun confessed as he closed his eyes for a second.

"Don't be nervous. We are just going out for a meal. There's nothing to be tensed about" Arpana chuckled to which Arjun just smiled.

After some time they reached their destination. It was a small and quiet restaurant by the lake.

As they were entering the restaurant, Arjun held Arpana's hands slowly to which she smiled shyly. Once they had entered, a guy showed them their table.

Arjun pulled the chair out to Arpana and sat on the chair next to her. He then handed her a menu card and he took a look at the other one. Arjun ordered some non vegetarian food whilst Arpana ordered vegetarian food.

Meanwhile, they were sipping on their drinks waiting for their food to arrive when Arjun accidentally dropped the juice, spilling half of it on her dress.

‘Shit’

"Arjun!" Arpana jumped from her seat.

"Sorry!!! I didn't realise Arpana. It was an accident, sorry!!!" He apologised.

‘Double shit’