Chapter 19

Please do vote and comment guys if you liked this chapter ❤ it will motivate a lot!

Author’s POV......

2 months later.......

Arpana had completely recovered now. Her health was much better. She was still taking some medications but overall she is fine. Over the past two months, Arjun tried to look after her but as he wasn't able to meet all her needs such as bathing and changing her, he requested her sister Devi to come and stay with them to which she agreed. Devi stayed over and looked after Arpana and they were happy that after a long time they were able to spend time with each other. In between Arjun had to go to work as well as he had no option.

Straight after Arpana confessed to him about Manoj and his disgusting ways, Arjun went to the college Arpana is working to find out who this Manoj is but Arjun was unlucky as Manoj had already resigned. Arjun tried to compel the principal to give him Manoj's details but he only got scolded by the principal. Apparently it’s confidential so he cannot tell Arjun. After that Arjun tried tracing him by tracking various numbers he used to call Arpana but it said the SIM was not in use anymore. Arjun's only hope is to complain to the police now. Arpana has given her statement but so far there has been no progress.

"Do you really have to leave Devi?" Arpana asked her sister who was packing her bag to leave. "I have to Arpana, Appa is literally threatening me to return" Devi replied sadly.

Arpana gave out a deep sigh as Arjun entered their room. "Why is Appa acting like this? It’s nearly been two months. Not even once he came to visit me? Why is he still holding a grudge even after I did as he told?" Arpana asked sadly.

Arjun placed his arms around Arpana's shoulder. He had not yet told her about how her father refused to give consent to her treatment. He believed it was a good opportunity now as she is more stable mentally.

"Arpana, actually I'm going to tell you something now. Don't take it too personally" he said. Devi quietly went out to give them some privacy.

"What is it Arjun?"

"Your dad might have his own reasons for doing this. Anyway when you were in critical stage at the hospital, the doctor told us that you needed an operation as you know. Your dad was not allowing me to sign the papers. He did everything he could to prevent this operation" Arjun said holding her arms tightly as he knows that she will get emotional. Just like he had thought, Arpana's eyes welled with tears. "Why ... did he ... do ... that Arjun..? Did he not ...want his daughter...alive?" She asked him sadly.

"He might have his own reasons Arpana. Please don't get emotional now. I don’t want you to be stressed" Arjun tried to comfort her. He did not want to tell Arpana about it but what's the point in hiding everything from Arpana. Arjun is suspicious if Indrajith is behind her accident but at the moment he is keeping it to himself as he doesn’t know for sure.

Later that day, Arjun dropped Devi at her house. It was Arjun's first time seeing Arpana's house. As Arjun parked the car at the entrance, Indrajith came out through the entrance and gave Arjun a death glare. He gestured Devi to go inside and came closer to Arjun's car and laughed like a maniac. Arjun looked at Indrajith in confusion. "I will never forget what you did to me in hospital Mister. You will pay for it very soon!" He said and again laughed at Arjun.

Arjun immediately left the place. He didn't want to be around that creepy man.

Soon when Arjun had reached home, Arpana was busy doing something on the laptop. She smiled seeing him enter the house. After a brief pause she said "Arjun I'm actually planning to return to work after Deepak's wedding"