one

Parker Elise Leon

"You cannot be serious, Parker." I stared at my best friend as she groaned from beside me. "What am I not serious about?" I innocently ask, leaning forward on my desk to look at her.

"You didn't tell me you had a hot cousin!" She whisper-yelled, making a few heads turn our way. "Well, maybe because I don't think he's hot? He's my cousin." I snorted, watching her roll her eyes.

"Well, if you don't set me up with him right now I will not forgive you." I sighed. Right now, as in right right now? "Bro, you met him just yesterday, I'll try to work something out but I can't do it right now." She instantly smiled and clapped her hands. Our teacher glared at us to be quiet and we cowered away while mumbling quiet apologies.

"Anyways, can we go out tonight? There's this party thing at the new kid's house." She innocently inspected her nails as I sighed. "Yeah, sure." As much as I didn't want to go, I also didn't want to hold Mari back anymore. I felt back because she always wants to go to these things but I never want to. She does whatever I do sometimes.

Lunch rolled around and I was roaming the halls since Mari had to go to some meeting for her club and I already ate my lunch. I was looking down at my phone when I ran into someone. I almost fell but the arms that were secured around my waist didn't let me. I glanced up and widened my eyes. Shut up, Parker, you did not just bump into him.

"My bad." I say, stepping away from the comfort of his arms. He stared at me with narrowed eyes before grunting and walking away. Alrighty then, that wasn't rude at all. Well, you did bump into him first. Duck you, conscious.

I stood rooted in the same spot before shaking my head off and continuing to walk until the bell rang. I have to go to class with him now.

It's a bummer that Mari wasn't in this class so I couldn't vent to her about what happened. I mean, but it's also not a bummer because talking about him while he's in the room might not be the smartest idea.

I sat down all the way in the back where my assigned seat is and sighed as I took out my book to start reading. This class was usually just a free period since there's not much to do. It's sometimes just an easy worksheet at the beginning and then the rest of the hour is ours to do whatever we want; other times we usually just have the whole hour to ourselves.

Everyone walked in and went to their seats, conversing amongst themselves and their friends around them. I didn't have any of those except for Mari.

A few minutes later after everyone was settled in, the familiar silver eyes captured mine in a glare as he walked back to me. Yeah, he also sits next to me in this class. Not to mention I think he is always PMS-ing.

"It's going to be the usual today. A small worksheet and then do whatever you please. Read, nap, blah, blah, blah." This teacher was my favorite, mostly because he doesn't give a rats booty about anything we do. It's not an important class either so I'm glad I took it as a blowoff class.

I quickly finished the work just like the boy beside me and immediately whipped out my phone. Mari had texted me a million times telling me she saw a hot boy on her way to class. I laughed quietly as I read through the messages.

"Can you shut up?" The boy's deep and quiet voice made me jump as I looked over at him. His hood was up and his eyes were closed with his head back. His arms were crossed over his chest, making him look even more attractive than he usually is. You know, just because he's an ass doesn't mean he isn't attractive. I wouldn't show that I think that though; it'll only boost his ego and nobody needs that.

"Can you lighten up?" I retort, watching him snap his eyes open and glare at me. I shrugged before going back in my phone.

mari: seriously though, this boy i saw was so fine i was literally going to go up to him but i didn't want to be weird. look at how pretty he is
*Attachment: 1 image*

Yes, because taking secret pictures of him isn't weird either, Mari. I clicked on the picture and gasped as the boy was pretty, he just wasn't my type.

parker: ummm getting his attention would have been way less weirder than taking pictures of him.. anyways, mans is def fine you should talk to him!!

I snorted as I set my phone down on the table and opened my book again. So all talk of her and my cousin are thrown out the window. My phone vibrated on the table but before I could grab it, a large and veiny hand beat me to it. "Hey!" I whisper-yelled, reaching for my phone back.

"You're being so annoying." He simply said, holding the button down before swiping on the top of the screen. It shut down and I dropped my mouth. "Dramatic bootyhole." He glanced at me as he shoved my phone into his pocket. "I am going to need that after this class you dimwit." I grumbled, leaning back in my chair. He didn't say or do anything in response as he shut his eyes again and got comfortable in his small seat again.

I stand up and leave to go walk around because without texting Mari I cannot sit in that class for the next hour. "Mr. Fib, I'm going for a walk." He waved me off without even glancing at me as I snuck my backpack passed him. The silver eyes were watching me as I stopped outside the door. I did the thing I didn't think I would and waved him over to me, holding my keys up and smirking. He glanced at the front of the classroom before rushing out with his things and following me.

"Let's go on an adventure, shall we?" I smiled, leading him outside and to my white Volkswagen Beetle. Get this, it's a convertible too.