four

Parker Elise Leon

"You didn't tell me he was still here." She whisper-yelled at me, walking from the living room where he was still soundly asleep. I shrugged, getting a sprite from the fridge for her. She loves sprite.

"I didn't want to wake him up. He was very tired." She rolled her eyes as she sat on the stool he sat on. "How did he even end up here?" I didn't want her knowing too much about today so I shrugged again. "He didn't want to go home because he knew he had to run some errands for his mom and he was tired." I lied while being in the pantry so she couldn't see a way through me. "Oh, well in that case I can come by a little closer to the party." I nodded as I closed the pantry without food. I need to go grocery shopping ASAP.

"I'm sorry." I pouted, watching her walk through the front door after she got her shoes on. She shook her head with a smirk. "It's okay, go spend time with your new boyfriend." I glared at her as she giggled, running away from me. I'm so going to get her for that.

I walked back to the living room to see Gabe still sleeping. His face was all scrunched up and his breathing all ragged. I walked over with a frown before shaking his shoulder. Should I wake him up if he's having a nightmare? Or is that just with sleep walking or something?

His eyes shot open as he breathed in deeply and looked at me. "You alright?" I backed away slightly as he began to sit up and nod. He rubbed his eyes, looking like a little boy; how could someone do hot be. so cute? I thought you could only be one of those things. I sat on the sturdy coffee table across from him as we stared at each other. "Do you want to leave? I can take you." He shook his head as he leaned his elbows on his knees and put his face in his hands.

"I can get home by myself, it's not too far from here." He grumbled, standing up and folding the blanket. I grabbed his arm as he was about to leave to get his shoes. "I'm serious, I can take you. It's going to rain soon." He sighed and nodded.

"Give me your phone real quick." I said, locking the doors before he could step out and into his driveway. He grunted as he took his phone out of his pocket. I typed my number into it before texting myself and giving it back to him with a smile. "Let me know if you need anything." His cold eyes softened for a moment. Oh my gosh, so cute. He nodded and got out of the car before grabbing his bag. I made sure he was inside before leaving.

I drove home to my music blasting because I could finally sing along. I texted Mari once I stopped the car in my driveway.

"So, explain please. Everything in full detail." There wasn't much to explain, but she listened attentively as she applied mascara to her eyes. This is not going to be a fun night, I can already tell you that one.

Mari drove us to the party at the new kid's house. I wanted Mari to have fun, though, and I felt bad because I was kind of holding back a bit. I walked with her to the kitchen and tried covering up my more of my stomach than this shirt was doing.

Both the loud music and flashy lights were giving me a headache as Mari pulled me through the house. She stopped at the kitchen where a group go guys stood all talking to each other. The guy that was in the picture was amongst them as she scooted her way through them to the drinks. "Mari, I'm glad you came." The boy said, hugging her to his side. Well, that was quick. I smiled at her as she blushed and nodded. "Hey, I'm going to go to the bathroom." I say to her, winking and quickly leaving her with her boy toy.

I proceeded to look upstairs for the bathroom and spotted the open door immediately. Before I could close the door behind me, a hand stopped it and in came a big body with me. I tripped and almost fell but those familiar arms wrapped around my waist. "Sorry." He muttered, straightening me up and setting me down on the floor as if I weighed nothing. I shook my head, confused and still needing to pee.

"Hi?" It came out like a question as I greeted the blonde boy. "Hi." He drew out, leaning against the closed door. "What's up?" I ask, fidgeting my fingers so it would take away from the fact I had to pee so bad. "Chloe was chasing me." He sighed tiredly which made me wonder why he was even here, at this party. Then again, why am I at this party?

"Oh, okay. Well, I have to pee really bad and you're disturbing my toilet time." The corner of his lips twitched upwards but he nodded before turning around, flicking his hood over his head, and covering his ears with his hands. I took that as a sign to hurry up and go, so I did just that before washing my hands. "Thanks, Frosty." I smiled as he scowled. "We probably look sus right now." I commented, sitting down on the edge of the bathtub. He shrugged, running a hand through his platinum hair. It looks so soft.

"Everyone here is drunk and high off their asses. I wouldn't be surprised if no one even notices." Fair enough, I guess. There was a loud knocking sound on the door and I quickly moved so he could go behind the shower curtain.

"What? I thought I saw Anderson walk in here?" She looked at me in disgust as she spoke. "Nope, it's just me." I did my best to sound and look confused. She rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue.

"Listen here, bitch, if you're lying and you've seen Gabriel I will know about it. I don't like you." I licked my lips as I tried not to laugh. Girl, the feeling is mutual.