twenty seven

Parker Elise Leon

"You ready?" I nodded, smiling sadly as he pushed me up to the front door. There was caution tape everywhere, but Gabe steered me to my bedroom. He wasn't kidding when he said he emptied it. Nothing but my naked bed was in view and I gasped at the mess my bathroom was in. There were holes all over the cabinets, reminding me of seeing that black figure walk away after I was shot.

"Hey, hey, it's over. You're okay." Gabe kneeled in front of me and grabbed my face, turning it away from my bathroom. I nod, wheeling myself to my closet. Nothing was in here either. "I'm hungry." I state, patting my stomach. Gabe chuckled as he pushed me out of the house.

"Where do you want to go?" I thought about it for a moment. "The place we went to together that day we ditched class." He smiled and nodded as he sat in the driver's seat.

"Hey, Park." My friend cashier greeted us as Gabe walked us in. "Hi, it's so good to see you." She grinned as she typed in our food orders and let us sit down. She called my name to get our food and I was about to get up but I realized my predicament. "I wish I could walk." I grumbled, wiggling my right leg with my hands. "You'll get there soon. You have a physical therapy appointment soon, right?" I nodded as he came back with our food and drinks.

"Yeah, I'm excited for it but I also don't know what to expect. Like am I going to fail bringing my leg back to life? Because I need it." He nodded, biting into his burger. "I think you'll be perfect." He replied, wiping his hands with a napkin. "You're so cheesy and gross." I fake gagged at his soft smile and the way his brows lifted when he was speaking highly of me.

"You love it though." I shrugged, eating a fry. I looked out the window and saw Aaron staring at me. Well, hardcore glaring I should say. "What is his problem?" I mumbled looking back to Gabe. "Not sure, he's an asshole though. Everyday while you were still asleep he would come up to me and just talk shit about you. I punched him multiple times for it." I gasped and widened my eyes.

"Gabe, you can't just go around fighting people who talk bad about me." He shrugged as if it was nothing. "Yes I can." The door behind us opened with a jingle and only Gabe was looking heatedly at the person who walked in. His face was cold as he looked away from me and his glare was hard.

"Hey, I'm so glad you're okay." The boy that walked up beside me smirked deviously as he put a hand on the back of my wheelchair. "Please get away from me." I sigh, stuffing my face with a fry again. "Why would I want to do that? You know, after that little stunt you pulled at lunch with Mari I'd rather just stay here and have a quick chat." I furrowed my eyebrows as I stared at his ugly face.

"We talked? Is that a bad thing, that we talked?" He shook his head slowly as a devil-like grin made its way onto his face. "I could easily have her killed if you don't quit talking to her. I could easily have you killed as well." I was about to respond but he beat me to it.

"Remember, you were probably sitting under that cabinet scared for your life? I could do that again but make it permanent this time." He growled, shoving himself away from me before walking out. Gabe was fuming as he saw the tears streaking down my face. "You heard all that, right?" I ask quietly, quaking in my boots. He nodded, crossing his arms as he picked up his phone. I couldn't pay attention to what he was saying.

"Come on, we can eat our food at home." He wrapped up his stuff as I did mine and we quickly left. "Who did you call?" He buckled me before going to the driver's seat. "The investigators on your case." My mouth was open slightly as I looked at him in shock. "I have a whole case?" He nodded, pulling into his neighborhood. "Yeah, I made sure of it because I suspected they didn't just break in to break in." I nodded as he helped me back out of the car.

"How would you feel about going to the police office in a bit? To be questioned?" I laid down on his bed as he sat next to me. "I can do that." I put my phone down and looked at his face. We stared at each other for a moment. I haven't felt his lips on mine in a while. I put my pointer finger onto his bottom lip and pulled it down. His lips are so soft. "What are you doing?" He mumbled, pulling my finger away from his mouth. "What? Your lips are soft." I defend myself, smiling at him sheepishly. He laughed as he dipped his head towards mine.

Our lips moved in sync for a moment before he pulled away. He scooted me over and lied down next to me. "I missed that." He whispered, putting hair behind my ear. "Me too. In fact I missed it so much that I think you should do it again." He grabbed my face in his hands and pulled my lips to his. I smiled through the kiss as he groaned at my hands in his hair.

His hands moved down to my hips as our tongues got involved and his pulled me closer to him. He rolled us over so he was hovering over me. He stopped kissing me and pulled away slightly just to stare at me. Just to stare. He left my lips to stare at me. Why? "You're so beautiful." I groaned and shoved him off of me. "Stop being sweet. I might puke." He laughed shortly as he lied back down beside me.

"This isn't romantic at all, but will you go to prom with me?" I paused as he laid on his back with his arms behind his head. "No." I snort at the droopy look on his face and pat his chest. "I was kidding." He flared at me playfully before closing his eyes and sighing.

"Will you go to prom with me as my official girlfriend?" My eyes widened at his question as I glanced at his hopeful face. "Is that even a question?" I scrunched my face at him. "Yes, and I'd like it if you answered it." He sarcastically replied, making me giggle. "Yes, I'll go as your official girlfriend." He grinned as he pulled me to his side.