seven

Parker Elise Leon

Monday rolled around after I had done exactly what Mari told me to; have a weekend for myself and my needs. It was very relaxing, in fact I think I stayed in my bed reading the whole time. It was a mind refresher.

So, here Mari and I sit trying to not laugh as we make fun of our teacher's outfit. She has scolded us a few times at our giggles. She almost moved us a few times but after we got to work on our packet for the assignment we were fine; mostly because we didn't need to watch her anymore. "Who still wears low-rise jeans?" She snorted quietly, writing her answers down quickly. I did the same because I wanted to finish this as soon as I can.

"Not sure, but I think her hair is the worst part." It was all frizzy and the bottoms were curled high up into her face. Her bangs made it even worse.

"Anyways, he took me to this smoothie place downtown and bought lunch for us both. It wasn't romantic, but it was sweet because he said he planned it out and everything and what we'd do afterwards," she paused biting into her lunch. "And then, after we ate and got to know each other even more he took me to that spot near the beach and we walked along the shore for a while just talking and having fun." I nodded, smiling at my best friend amusedly as she talked animatedly with her hands flailing about.

"You really like him." She nodded silently, continuing to eat her lunch. "Yeah," her eyes trailed behind me with a grin and I looked behind to see him waving her over. "Go ahead." This sucks, maybe I should find love. She scurried off and sat beside him with her things. I ate my lunch alone and quietly before leaving the cafeteria and walking around.

I stopped at the vending machine thing and took out the crush orange soda after buying it. This stuff always makes me happy, even though it's so bad for you. I didn't open it just yet because I wanted to wait for a time I would actually enjoy it.

I walked around aimlessly before hearing the bell ring and scattering off to class. The class I have with Gabriel.

I had a feeling he wouldn't talk to me as freely as we did at my house but I didn't think he would shut me out this bad. Even before this weekend's turn of events he didn't ignore me quite as much. If was like I was the plague.

"Can you shut up?" His deep and annoyed voice made me jump and almost chuck my phone away from me. My glare definitely didn't go unnoticed, well, I hope it didn't.

"Why don't you just move seats! Last time I checked you didn't need to be here." He grumbled as he tried to nap again. I do think it's time to contact my parents.

parker: hey, haven't heard from you guys in a while. everything going okay?

I didn't get an immediate response but a dozen minutes passed by until my phone screen lit up with messages in the group chat I made with the two of them.

mom: yeah! everything is awesome!
dad: we're good over here

Didn't even think to ask me if I was doing okay. Maybe I am a burden to them. I decided not to respond but instead gloomily looked down at the book I was currently reading. Parker, if you cry I will slap you. My conscious was giving me threats as hot tears sprung to my eyes. I refused to let anyone see them but instead set my head down on my desk and prayed that I didn't cry.

I walked out to the parking lot after class and got into my car. I was debating on whether or not to wait for Gabe, but seeing as he was ignoring me today I assuming he didn't want to be seen with me either.

I quickly made the decision to just go home and let myself weep. It's a coping mechanism, don't judge. I got home and was ready to shut my phone off before it vibrated in my pocket. I sighed as I took it out and looked over the caller ID.

"Do you need something?" I ask straight away, earning a sigh. "I deserve that." He breathes out. I rolled my eyes. No, you deserve to be punched in the face five times but I won't say that because I am nice. "What's up?" I ask again, hearing the line go silent after a few moments. "Can I come over?" His words were quiet as a door slammed in the background. Should I just let him? Yes or no, which one?

"Yeah, that's fine. Do you need me to come get you?" He was quiet for a moment and I thought he didn't hear me. "No, no, I can get there. It's not too far from my house." I settle for saying 'okay, see you later' and a goodbye before hanging up the phone. So, I guess I wasn't going to shut my phone off and weep.